Man Utd XVI: Quest of the Title - Return to winning way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
42 min- Goal! United 2 Hull 0. Wayne Rooney doubles the Reds' lead with a curling strike from 25 yards.

Hope more goals to come as goal difference is desperately needed!

42 min- Goal! United 2 Hull 0. Wayne Rooney doubles the Reds' lead with a curling strike from 25 yards.

Hope more goals to come as goal difference is desperately needed!

We want MORE !!!

66min- Goal! United 3 Hull 0. Robin van Persie nets a screamer. Pick that one out!

Finally RVP!

FT 3-0 win... 3 impt pts first back to back win

What a totally different playing style compared to the previous game. I am just puzzled why this is so. Playing at home and away. The way they play this game is something we are looking for. Confident passing and covering each other, getting the ball back asap when one looses it. This win will hopefully multiply our morale and confidence at all levels. Keep the winning formula up.

Into the peak period of the season ...

22 Nov Barclays Premier League Arsenal --- 3pts.
29 Nov Barclays Premier League Hull City --- 3pts.
December 2014
02 Dec Barclays Premier League Stoke City
08 Dec Barclays Premier League Southampton
14 Dec Barclays Premier League Liverpool
20 Dec Barclays Premier League Aston Villa
26 Dec Barclays Premier League Newcastle United
28 Dec Barclays Premier League Tottenham Hotspur
January 2015
01 Jan Barclays Premier League Stoke City
11 Jan Barclays Premier League Southampton

6 out of 30points for now ...

What a totally different playing style compared to the previous game. I am just puzzled why this is so. Playing at home and away. The way they play this game is something we are looking for. Confident passing and covering each other, getting the ball back asap when one looses it. This win will hopefully multiply our morale and confidence at all levels. Keep the winning formula up.

looks like the usual play is back ... as long as we keep winning ok with whatever style cos is winning style ...

Next home game to Stoke
3 December 2014 3:45:00 am

McNair learns from Rooney, RvP and Falcao

Manchester United prospect Paddy McNair has told United Review there is no better education than training against "world-class" team-mates Wayne Rooney, Robin van Persie and Radamel Falcao.

The Northern Irish teenager began the season with plans to establish himself in Warren Joyce's Under-21s but has since made six appearances for Louis van Gaal's first team, following a raft of injuries to fellow centre-backs Phil Jones, Jonny Evans, Marcos Rojo and Chris Smalling.

McNair's subsequent promotion to the senior group has pitted him against some of the world's most revered attacking players. In an exclusive interview with Tuesday's edition of United Review, the matchday programme at Old Trafford, the 19-year-old describes the challenge of competing against Rooney, van Persie and Falcao at the Aon Training Complex.

He jokes: "It's hard – not great for confidence! But it's obviously really good for me. It's only going to make me a better defender to be playing against world-class strikers every day.

"I'm just looking forward to the season continuing and trying to get better each day. Their goalscoring records speak for themselves, so if I can stop them in training then I must be doing something right."

As well as United's trio of big-name strikers, McNair also trains against his fellow Academy graduate James Wilson and feels the forward, who recently turned 19, is destined for big things at Old Trafford.

"Oh, he's brilliant," says Paddy. "I think he's got everything. There's nothing he can't do. It's just a matter of time before he gets his first hat-trick at Old Trafford! He works really hard and it's a real challenge to face him in training."

Paddy Mcnair

If i remember correctly we did not lose any of the 6 matches which Paddy McNair played in.

He should have more start this youngster could really go far ... can defend and play upfront too... versatile player...

McNair learns from Rooney, RvP and Falcao

Manchester United prospect Paddy McNair has told United Review there is no better education than training against "world-class" team-mates Wayne Rooney, Robin van Persie and Radamel Falcao.

The Northern Irish teenager began the season with plans to establish himself in Warren Joyce's Under-21s but has since made six appearances for Louis van Gaal's first team, following a raft of injuries to fellow centre-backs Phil Jones, Jonny Evans, Marcos Rojo and Chris Smalling.

McNair's subsequent promotion to the senior group has pitted him against some of the world's most revered attacking players. In an exclusive interview with Tuesday's edition of United Review, the matchday programme at Old Trafford, the 19-year-old describes the challenge of competing against Rooney, van Persie and Falcao at the Aon Training Complex.

He jokes: "It's hard – not great for confidence! But it's obviously really good for me. It's only going to make me a better defender to be playing against world-class strikers every day.

"I'm just looking forward to the season continuing and trying to get better each day. Their goalscoring records speak for themselves, so if I can stop them in training then I must be doing something right."

As well as United's trio of big-name strikers, McNair also trains against his fellow Academy graduate James Wilson and feels the forward, who recently turned 19, is destined for big things at Old Trafford.

"Oh, he's brilliant," says Paddy. "I think he's got everything. There's nothing he can't do. It's just a matter of time before he gets his first hat-trick at Old Trafford! He works really hard and it's a real challenge to face him in training."

Paddy Mcnair

If i remember correctly we did not lose any of the 6 matches which Paddy McNair played in.

He should have more start this youngster could really go far ... can defend and play upfront too... versatile player...

this guy will be a future world class defender....

Into the peak period of the season ...

22 Nov Barclays Premier League Arsenal --- 3pts.
29 Nov Barclays Premier League Hull City --- 3pts.
December 2014
02 Dec Barclays Premier League Stoke City --- 3pts.
08 Dec Barclays Premier League Southampton
14 Dec Barclays Premier League Liverpool
20 Dec Barclays Premier League Aston Villa
26 Dec Barclays Premier League Newcastle United
28 Dec Barclays Premier League Tottenham Hotspur
January 2015
01 Jan Barclays Premier League Stoke City
11 Jan Barclays Premier League Southampton

9 out of 30 points for now ...:devil:

Injury update on Rooney, Di Maria and Blind

Louis van Gaal has revealed Manchester United captain Wayne Rooney will have a scan on the knee injury that forced him to miss Tuesday night’s 2-1 win over Stoke City at Old Trafford.

The in-form Reds striker limped out of Saturday’s victory over Hull City and was subsequently not included in the squad to face Mark Hughes’ Potters. However, the manager is confident that Rooney will hopefully make a swift return to action.

“It’s his knee, but we have to wait for tomorrow to say anything about him because you never know with a knee,” said van Gaal in his post-match press conference.

“My opinion is it is not so heavy (serious) but I am not a doctor. So we have to wait for the scan then we will know more. But I hope it is not so heavy.”

Van Gaal also discussed the fitness of Angel Di Maria, who suffered a hamstring injury in the first half of Saturday’s match. “Di Maria is not so heavy but of course he shall not play against Southampton,” the boss said. “But you never know.”

To finish his injury round-up, the Dutchman provided a positive update on Daley Blind and revealed his compatriot could return from an ankle injury towards the end of this month.

“It’s not so heavy as I have already said,” van Gaal reported. As for a possible return date, the manager suggested: “Not next week, I don’t know… Christmas maybe – maybe Christmas. At the end of December maybe we see light at the end of the tunnel.”

Rooney no. 42 injury.

Hard fought 2-1 win against Stoke, hope the winning form will continue....

Think this season can't ask for much except for 3pts esp during this peak festive season period.

Status
Not open for further replies.