Man Utd XII: Legacy continues with Historic No.19 n still Counting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boss' ultimate headache

Sir Alex Ferguson admits he has no choice but to disappoint several of his players as he mulls his team selection for Saturday's Champions League final.

The Reds currently have no injury concerns ahead of the Wembley showpiece against Barcelona, meaning the Boss has a selection headache over not only his starting line-up, but also his substitutes.

"It's not easy because you're dealing with the human side of the game," Sir Alex told a packed press conference at Carrington. "Players have worked hard all season, and it's been a squad game for us this year. It can't be easy.

"Unfortunately one person has to tell them and that's me. It's not an easy job but we have to win the game; they all understand that. They've all contributed and that doesn't make it easy for me. I hope I pick the right team and the right substitutes."

Pep Guardiola's side are the much-fancied favourites to overturn United at Wembley, but Sir Alex is confident that, with the resources at his disposal, he can mastermind the Reds' fourth reign as kings of Europe.

"We've played against Barcelona three times and there's always a solution to every good player," he said. "We hope we can find a solution for Lionel Messi on Saturday. You also have to recognise they have other good players and we have other good players. That's why it's such a thrilling game on Saturday.

"We'll find a solution to the game. It's about what's best for us; what's the best way for us to win the match. It will be down to how we operate in the attacking part. I'm sure barcelona are aware of the threats we have. We have to rely on our players to perform. I think we're ready and we've prepared very well."

Source

Boss' ultimate headache ....

Which boy is Rafael...which is Fabio? Seeing double. Heck, just put both in & let Barce see double.

Which boy is Rafael...which is Fabio? Seeing double. Heck, just put both in & let Barce see double.

print out Rafael/Fabio face and make into mask.. let the balance 9 players wear mask and run around.. Barca players will have nightmare after the game..

Damn, the payout in Singapore pool for is 1.93 to 3.25.
WTH...
Guys have faith and Man U will win :D

United V Barcelona
Sunday, May 29, 2011 2:45:00 AM
Its our Home ground we will win it! Nothing less then a win for the lads!
5 more hrs we are champion!

Man U has never beaten this barca side. It won't tonight.

Full Time

FC Barcelona 3 Manchester United 1

Haiz... Lost again...
Damn Messi!!!
I am so damn hopeful when Rooney scored the equalizer only to have another 2 goals scored again with a 3-1...

Haiz... Lost again...
Damn Messi!!!
I am so damn hopeful when Rooney scored the equalizer only to have another 2 goals scored again with a 3-1...

Barca played really well... congrat to them.. no complaint... even SAF also praised Barca superb performance...
ManU try again next year...

Yep, Barca played well and totally deserved that win. Villa's goal was sensational, so was Rooney's! Messi and Pedro were all around the pitch, so hard to track them properly.

Somehow i felt that MAN U was slacking too much in that game.

Its time for us to get some quality defenders!

Darn! Scholes retired! what the H! I bet it's due to the last game because he didn't play much.

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/man-utd-veteran-scholes-calls-day-085857809.html

Yeah... maybe thats one of the reasons anyway he is a great player can be with the legends and rare for him to be with only 1 team in his entire career! Good news that he will be in the backroom as a coach! He could guide the youngsters well with his vast of expereince!

why Owen still offered another 1 yr contract? He not playing much/well... don waste a squad position, ManU has enough strikers with all loan players back. Should get better midfielder and defender to replace the ageing player like Giggs, Ferdinand, Park, Vidic (all almost 30 and above liao)..

United seal Jones deal

Phil Jones will become United's first signing of summer 2011 after the Reds successfully negotiated a transfer with Blackburn Rovers.

A club statement published on Monday reads as follows:

"Manchester United is delighted to announce it has signed an agreement with Blackburn Rovers for the transfer of Phil Jones.

"The player passed a medical in Manchester last week and has agreed a 5-year contract. The deal will be completed once the player returns from international duty."

Jones, 19, came through the youth ranks at Blackburn before turning professional on 1 July 2009. He made his senior debut two months later, in a Carling Cup victory at Nottingham Forest, and went on to make a total of 40 appearances for Rovers.

The robust central defender, who can also play in midfield, has been capped seven times so far by England at Under-21 level. The latest appearance was in Denmark on Sunday, when he started alongside new club colleagues Tom Cleverley, Chris Smalling and Danny Welbeck in the 1-1 draw with Spain in the UEFA Under-21 Championships.

Yay Finally Wes Brown is going!!!

Source

Fixtures out on Friday morning

United's route to retaining the Barclays Premier League title will be mapped out this Friday with the release of the provisional 2011/12 fixtures.

'Fixtures Day' is eagerly awaited by fans all over the world and while the dates provided are heavily subject to change, the order will at least give some indication as to how the title race could unfold. For example, we found out this time last year that the Reds would face Arsenal and Chelsea in successive May 2011 weekends, even if final confirmation of the actual days and kick-off times came months later.

There are several ways for you to get the fixtures on Friday:

- ManUtd.com - a fixtures news story will be on our Homepage from 09:00 BST

- MUmobile - sign-up for SMS alerts; we'll send a text with details of the first few games

- Red View - register on ManUtd.com or edit your details to receive our e-newsletter

Also on ManUtd.com, look out for a free video to get you in the mood for the August return to action, a fixtures wallpaper you can download to your desktop and opportunities to have your say on the schedule through our message board and polls.

Source

Man Utd must buy a real good quality midfielder centre this season, like Luka Modric, Sneijder, Pastore, etc.
I don't wish to see any new winger coming in before we get a real good midfielder centre, but Ferguson seems to favour winger more than midfielder centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.