Malaysia KL

Status
Not open for further replies.

catch

Jun 3, 2003
Visit site
Just came back from KL and took some photo using my IXUS 330.

Comments are welcome to help me improve. :)

IMG_1905e.jpg

IMG_1907e.jpg

IMG_1919e.jpg

IMG_1890e.jpg

maybe it's just me
but i think shot 1 very clique

SHARP SHARP SHARP... This is what I called set the basic right, everything else is a bonus... :thumbsup:

Pic 1: Nice view and exposure but viewpoint too commonly exploited IMO.

Pic 2: Great, very refreshing viewpoint of the tower indeed!!! Try to exclude or include less of the black triangle on top right.

Pic 3: What were you shooting? On the coach/car I guess but anything in particular you want to tell us, the viewers?

Pic 4: Great Sunset colour but the foreground doesn't hold any interest for me even if you include more of the sky and less building.

SniperD said:
You can use f11 for a slightly longer exposure oso and meter the sky :)

errr... can enlighten me or not? Am newbie :D But why f11? Why slightly longer exposure? Why meter the sky (which part of the sky would that be?)?

SniperD said:
the last shot... slightly less buildings and more of the sky. Your can use f11 for a slightly longer exposure oso and meter the sky :)

hmm if i am not wrong, his IXUS 330 is a consumer digicam, cannot select aperature, shutter speed etc. I think only have long shutter mode where can use longer than 1 sec.

Why i know? cause i using Canon V3 :D

Anyway i like the second shot the most, the dark sky provides a very gd contrast against the tower. :thumbsup:

2nd shot works for me. ..not the rest.
2nd shot is quite unique in a way.

Thanks everyone for giving your comment. :)

Actually pic3 is taken in a park nearby the hotel i stay. Was boring so shot whatever I see.

For pic4, I used spot metering around the sun area. So in this case, if using SLR camera, what kind of setting & metering mode to be used so as to get both the foreground & background correctly expose.

All pic are taken handheld or placing in onto floor.

nice, i prefer the last pic.
so when are u posting out again? saudi ?
and where is yr nikkon D100?? neber used for the trip there meh? :blah: :blah: :blah:

jasphotography said:
Pic 4: Great Sunset colour but the foreground doesn't hold any interest for me even if you include more of the sky and less building.

or u can try using longer exposure...to being out the lights in the building...but becareful not to overexpose the sky...i love the colour of the sky...

Status
Not open for further replies.