Malacca trip photo sharing - 13to14 / 04 / 2012

You guys rock! The photos are way nice! Didn't know Malacca is this beautiful; I think their tourism board should look to you guys for promotional poster ^_^

oceanpriest said:
Thanks Lawrance for starting this thread. Love your pano shot of the mosque. I agree with you, 2 day 1 night is definitely not enough, there too many nice foods to try :bsmilie:

Thanks Ben for given a kick start for this wonderful trip.

Here are my contributions.

The Malacca Straits Mosque

Wow OP u r my new idol for landscape photographer .

It was a fun trip with great company, good food and ample drinks. What more can you ask for....

I am nowhere near the standards of the guys that posted earlier or those that have yet to post, so please bear with my few shots done up so far.

#1 Another shot of the Floating Mosque. Note to myself...bring the damn tripod next time..ha ha

7083674661_46836eb8bf_b.jpg

#2 One of famous landmarks in Malacca with pictures of it everywhere

7083610649_265b4edde4_b.jpg

#3 The "welcoming" look from the trishaw rider

6937536634_c1c8ca3c38_b.jpg

#4 Jonker Street Happy Hour with accompanying songs from the street-side karaoke

6937677458_48cb6f1cd1_b.jpg

Last edited:
Since nobody has shown it yet. A picture of the hotel that we stayed in..;)

7083610953_630fe51b3a_b.jpg

Beautiful shots. Really nice! I am so shocked to learn there is such a beautiful Mosque in Mallacca :embrass: I was not aware at all during my last trip!

It's a place for street photography! Once a while we get a few :nono: quite loudly, :sweat:, but :devil:!!

完 [Finish]

7083814013_ff0ef6fd84_z.jpg

[Finsh] yet so near & i still missed this popia stall again.

[Finsh] yet so near & i still missed this popia stall again.
Is it really nice? ... I stick my camera out for almost 20s to wait for his head to turn!

Man ... we need to different types of food if we ever go again ... no more wanton mee!

Kent, you should have come along!

1 street shot to share -

54 chope-d!
7078639197_7901a9308a_z.jpg

You certainly got an eye for witty street shots.
Seems like its a 'T o' too

Last edited:
Is it really nice? ... I stick my camera out for almost 20s to wait for his head to turn!

Man ... we need to different types of food if we ever go again ... no more wanton mee!

Should try next time, Yes no more wanton mee pls.

Last edited:
Bro, better show this 2 shots..Haha:bsmilie:

DSCF8124.jpg

DSCF8220.jpg

Hi guys pls let me kick start with this photo sharing session.

Really had a wonderful time with you guys & pls do share your great photos here.

13/04/2012 19:20 SG Pentaxians at the floating mosque

DSCF8479.jpg

This sure make a great cover photo for our trip . Power lah bro

Thanks Lawrance for starting this thread. Love your pano shot of the mosque. I agree with you, 2 day 1 night is definitely not enough, there too many nice foods to try :bsmilie:

Thanks Ben for given a kick start for this wonderful trip.

Here are my contributions.

The Malacca Straits Mosque

7076494347_7ee13944dc_c.jpg

Really love this OP .

14mm, 20mm, 45mm ... Even the 25mm was mentioned several times! Not just these, but all sorts of brands, all the talk about Pentax. It was food, talk, shoot, food, talk, shoot. I think I don't know gobble down how many wanton noddles and 100+. Oh yes, and the Kopi-O and toast!

Another shot to share ...

What an absolutely hot day, it was!

6933769456_42eeb4ea13_z.jpg

This my fav for the day ! How did u spot this angle !

Here is one that I have ready on JPG. (the rest still being processed)

The Straits Mosque, Melaka
7079056257_79d1e211d4_c.jpg

K5; FA31ltd

Wow .... din know the inbuilt HDR was so good . Thanks for the wonderful introduction to us JK :thumbsup:

Too bad not able to join u guys.Post more photos please!!:)

Kent .... U really should join .... really .... everywhere is yr fav ... Street photography everywhere

Kent, you should have come along!

1 street shot to share -

54 chope-d!
7078639197_7901a9308a_z.jpg

Another of my fav .... my version wasn't as great . Nice work again bernard