Malacca trip photo sharing - 13to14 / 04 / 2012

6955634076_ce60983bf4_z.jpg

6955634094_84e30b5076_z.jpg

6955634086_052691bed0_z.jpg

6955634090_4f859635ae_z.jpg

7101708571_6a94808715_z.jpg

Still seeing great photos coming in ... keep it going! We should have discussed where to go next during the meet up.

Have decided to stick up my photos on the sub-forums instead, and went for just 36 frames to share (cos' I cannot find any more good shots :sweat:). You guys just really have a better hit rate. I really miss AF sometimes. Just have a lot of shots that just cannot make it.

Anycase, the 36 frames ... :cheers:

36 exposures of Malacca

Last edited:
Still seeing great photos coming in ... keep it going! We should have discussed where to go next during the meet up.

Have decided to stick up my photos on the sub-forums instead, and went for just 36 frames to share (cos' I cannot find any more good shots :sweat:). You guys just really have a better hit rate. I really miss AF sometimes. Just have a lot of shots that just cannot make it.

Anycase, the 36 frames ... :cheers:

36 exposures of Malacca

Very daring self challenge.
I'd struggle with deleting shots.
End up I need to clear my HD now cause its only got less than 10GB left :D

The outing and the photos posted here are an eye opener.
So many of us walked the same places, but each shot is a different angle and approach unique to the photographer.
Even what each person saw (and I failed to see) impresses me on the need to grow that photographic 'consciousness' more.

Last edited:
Like I stated before a couple of years back, I wish Pentaxians could do a Coffee Book, and with that kind of quality, I think we will be at a loss to select the photos. The quality are simply amazing. I go to Melaka about 4~5 times a year, but never could I get the kind of photos that you guys have taken. Bravo and congratulations! More classes needed from Pentaxian Guru. Simon has perfected his art of water, sunset, and night shots! JK on stealth photography - even a mat salleh peeping out of the room can also be "shot" how amazing. The floating mosque was so well taken, that you should send them to Tourism Melaka to get it published! No words to describe, but simply said that I regret missing the trip!!!

Like I stated before a couple of years back, I wish Pentaxians could do a Coffee Book, and with that kind of quality, I think we will be at a loss to select the photos. The quality are simply amazing. I go to Melaka about 4~5 times a year, but never could I get the kind of photos that you guys have taken. Bravo and congratulations! More classes needed from Pentaxian Guru. Simon has perfected his art of water, sunset, and night shots! JK on stealth photography - even a mat salleh peeping out of the room can also be "shot" how amazing. The floating mosque was so well taken, that you should send them to Tourism Melaka to get it published! No words to describe, but simply said that I regret missing the trip!!!

Rightly said.
You can write to Tourism Promotion Division at www.melaka.gov.my :: Portal Rasmi Kerajaan Negeri Melaka
The small flyer of the Melaka Straits Mosque.

Hey Leong u r being too kind . Thanks for yr encouragment :) hope to see u next outing . U missing in action quite sometime liao . Haha

Hi guys, sorry for bumping this thread up. As i will be heading to malacca next wkend, would like to know how u all get to the malacca straits mosque? I will be staying at Hatten Hotel, any advice will be greatly appreciated =)

Hi guys, sorry for bumping this thread up. As i will be heading to malacca next wkend, would like to know how u all get to the malacca straits mosque? I will be staying at Hatten Hotel, any advice will be greatly appreciated =)

hahaha thanks for the bump. really nice thread and love to see it one more time.

If I am not mistaken, it is about 5 mins drive from Hatten Hotel. It is at the back-end area behind the hotel/shopping area. Unfortunately, most of the time, I was a dozing passenger in Ben's car. Perhaps the other drivers on the trip could give better advice.

snowydust said:
hmm... any idea if public transport is available to reach the mosque?

A taxi ride won't cost you an arm and a leg and that's a public transport which is aplenty in Malacca.

Better get a taxi and get the guy to wait or get his taxi company number to call for taxi.
After you finish the shoot, it will be dark and I am not sure if its possibe to flag for a taxi from there.

A taxi ride won't cost you an arm and a leg and that's a public transport which is aplenty in Malacca.

Better get a taxi and get the guy to wait or get his taxi company number to call for taxi.
After you finish the shoot, it will be dark and I am not sure if its possibe to flag for a taxi from there.

Hi guys, thanks for your advice! :)

I don't think there's direct public transport to the mosque, since it's abit ulu one. From main street (jalan Syed abdul aziz) if you walk to the mosque, I guess can take more than 30mins. It's like walking from harbour front to sentosa beach.

Here's the map:
2.179692,102.249069 - Google Maps

hi guys, thanks for sharing the details, wouldn't have known this place without this thread! Here are the photos i took during the trip:

Taken @ 6.20pm
8081796492_3e4d8ae43e_z.jpg

Taken @ 7:00pm
8081796384_47d94bb4f5_z.jpg

Last edited:
hi guys, thanks for sharing the details, wouldn't have known this place without this thread! Here are the photos i took during the trip:

Taken @ 6.20pm
8081796492_3e4d8ae43e_z.jpg

Taken @ 7:00pm
8081796384_47d94bb4f5_z.jpg

Brilliant!
Looks like the skies was agreeable too :)

I like 1st pict.

Thanks for sharing.
It brings up nice memories of the trip.