Making a Coffetable Album

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like coffee table album is getting common. Personally also working on a project for my school. And personally also a scrapbook addict. Both have different feeling when you look at it. For those artistic ppl, scrapbook is the way! For simple and sleek album, coffeetable album wld be good.

Hmm... am I making sense here or just distrubting the thread... hee...

yymun said:
i am keen to create a coffetable album for my baby! may i seek help from u guys? esp in PS?

What kind of help you need? Ask away! I'm starting myself.

illustrious said:
Looks like coffee table album is getting common. Personally also working on a project for my school. And personally also a scrapbook addict. Both have different feeling when you look at it. For those artistic ppl, scrapbook is the way! For simple and sleek album, coffeetable album wld be good.

Hmm... am I making sense here or just distrubting the thread... hee...

No you're not disturbing. I think for a professional feel, coffetable style is better. Esp occasions such as weddings, corporate events.

It may seem simple but when you actually get down to it, its not!! Now I really admire some of the work the guys here can do!

Somethings of importance I learnt:

1) Size - this will depend on the album but the decision has to be made from the beginning as that will affect -
2) The Layout. Positioning is so important!! Placment and sequencing is such a chore especially when you have many photos to group together and to make some sense of.
3) Words - you gotta have some nice fancy words esp if its a wedding. Some nice fonts as well. Now, I'm scouring the net looking for suitable fonts.

These are just some of my problems now. Still persevering..

zaxh81 said:
Anyone know where to get slip in album for S8R size?
1 photo per page type and how much?

Thanks in advance.

I was just at Bras Basah today. Amazing art supplies shops there! You can't go wrong exploring the shops over there. Artfriend will be a good start.

Like how to compose several pic into S8R(layout). because my PS skill is very limited! anyone is willing to help me? starbuck coffee on me!

yymun said:
Like how to compose several pic into S8R(layout). because my PS skill is very limited! anyone is willing to help me? starbuck coffee on me!

I think its a matter of creating the canvas to the size you want and then just copying and pasting the photos and positioning them into the position you want. Like Stnicholas81 advised, photos should be kept at 300dpi as far as possible for good printing quality.

seankyh said:
I think its a matter of creating the canvas to the size you want and then just copying and pasting the photos and positioning them into the position you want. Like Stnicholas81 advised, photos should be kept at 300dpi as far as possible for good printing quality.

Hello,

do you mean that once we paste the photo and do the layout.. we need to change the photo to 300dpi? I thought it will be printed as normal, why we didn't change it for normal photo printing? do we have to change the color mode to CMYK?

Some recommendations:

1) Use acid-free paper

2) Can try double-side tape rather than glue

3) Use conventional-size paper becos not so expensive and easier to get

Layout and design limited only by your imagination.

wahZe said:
Some recommendations:

1) Use acid-free paper

2) Can try double-side tape rather than glue

3) Use conventional-size paper becos not so expensive and easier to get

Layout and design limited only by your imagination.

2) SPRAY MOUNT! evey one use gule, double sided tape. geez doesent anyone know the beauty of spray mount? can even reposition!

stnicholas81 said:
Hi Sean, there are different type of paper which u can choose from. thick, thin u name it they have it. glossy matt metallic, the limit is ur imagination man. U might want to visit those printing shop, i recommend simple digital (william) at bras basha or Visual hub (heng) at sunshine plaza.

Hi stnicholas81! I just went to bras basha today and search around but could not find this shop call simple digital? May i know where is the shop? Do they do magazine style? Have you been there? I went to this shop call Print Direct and got a quotation like, more than 10 A2 size, $15 each, 20 A2 $12 each. However, i think they are using inkjet and their paper is not very thin like magazine style. :(

Hi guys ! I been to simple digital and they are pretty friendly and give good advice. They are using hp inkjet printer. Although alittle lose out to photolab prints, but the good thing is they can print any format you like. They also will provide cold lamination but i dont like it as i think it is a little too rough and any idea what are the best lamination? Another problem, i cannot get those magazine style kind of prints, anyone can suggest where else or what kind of prints is that. Definately not inkjet i guess.

Hi,

take a look at www.momento.com.au. They provide coffetable printing services and also a free software that helps with layouts. Their samples look good but its not a cheap option. As its in Australia, you'll have to find out if they deliver to Singapore.

I am not related to them at all, just someone planning to use their services sometime but need to sit down sometime to put it all together.

Hope this helps,

Check out http://www.pixart.com.my

Shipping to Singapore available & affordable.

Able to support Apple iPhoto or download Pixart's Free Software

apple02.jpg

Dear Sir / Madam,

First of all, we would like to introduce ourselves as IQ Industrial Pte Ltd, a Professional Album Maker.

We would like to take this opportunity to introduce a wide variety of new albums for your kind reference to build better business profit for your company. Thus, I would like to fix an appointment with those who are keen to have a closer look at these albums.

Kindly contact Kelvin Chean anytime to your convenient and I¡¯ll be most glad to meet up with you.

Thanks & regards

Kelvin Chean
Hp: (65) 9455-1066
Tel: (65) 6456-1530

wdominic said:
Check out http://www.pixart.com.my

Shipping to Singapore available & affordable.

Able to support Apple iPhoto or download Pixart's Free Software

apple02.jpg

Yup!! I'm a customer.. good service. Book's a bit small A4 only but the print quality and the finishing is really nice.

hmm... anyone knows bout the prices of such coffeetable albums? for wat size @ how many pages is how much...?

Status
Not open for further replies.