Maglite repairs?

afbug

Aug 19, 2004
Planet SG™
I've 2 maglites that need repairs/servcing. 1 of them had the end cap stuck, can't open and replace batts and the other needs new lens and lamp. Where can I get these done? Any idea how much it will cost?

Thanks!

Sometimes the cap gets stuck because the batteries leak and corrode the inside. In that case just toss it and get a new one. I have seen Maglites for sale at some of the small hardware stores. Eg. in Ang mo kio mall. I'm sure there are others around Singapore. But I don't know if they sell the individual bulbs.
If you can open the dead one maybe the spare bulb is still intact.

Last edited:
The one with the end cap stuck is quite new. A waste to throw it away. I tried to open it with a plier but no success.

No one knows where to get it repaired and get replacement lens?

iirc, the small maglites have replacement bulb inside the rear cap, not sure whether your maglite is the small one or the bigger one.. i have seen some outdoor shops selling the individual bulbs, but i can't rmbr exactly which shop though..

Most of the known DIY chain stores in the mall carry them... I've gotten once from them.

Thanks for all the replies. I've decided to toss the 1 with its end cap stuck away.