Macro Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbuff

Aug 18, 2004
www.pbase.com
Hi

For those of u with the 50mm Macro. Do u use any other adaptors for Macro photography? Just wondering how to get real close to insects without scaring them?

digitalbuff said:
Hi

For those of u with the 50mm Macro. Do u use any other adaptors for Macro photography? Just wondering how to get real close to insects without scaring them?
i have been wondering about that as well.. ;p I have the 50mm F2. Not sure if the EX25 will be useful for me or not... :dunno:

i usually chat with them before shooting them.:D

ok,on a serious note,i move in real slow.
But i think 50mm is too short.

zaxh81 said:
i usually chat with them before shooting them.:D

ok,on a serious note,i move in real slow.
But i think 50mm is too short.

what do you mean when you say "short"? :dunno:

I will try whisper to them next time! ;)

shchow said:
i have been wondering about that as well.. ;p I have the 50mm F2. Not sure if the EX25 will be useful for me or not... :dunno:

With the EX25, you have to be closer but the magnification is greater. Most people would use the Ext1.4 to achieve a further working distance. Some would use both....:confused:

Maybe some other macro guru can comment? There is one here, but can't remember who...

i think the macro guru is megaweb.

personally i find ZD 50mm is a tad short for insects, but its great for portraits & products. a ZD100mm 1:1 wud be most ideal. :devil:

nightpiper said:
i think the macro guru is megaweb.

personally i find ZD 50mm is a tad short for insects, but its great for portraits & products. a ZD100mm 1:1 wud be most ideal. :devil:

According to Olympus' roadmap, a ZD 100mm F2.0 macro prime is supposed to be release this year or early next year. That might be a winner of a lens. :thumbsup:

NMSS_2 said:
try using 50-200 + ext tube + close up filter. should be about 50cm of working distance.

Haha, only got 50mm leh... will try your suggested set up one day if I get the 50-200 but that is unlikely as I rather buy a Pana Fz10 or 20 with adaptor and add on lens. The results are quite amazing. Look at Tchuanye's post

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=176773

digitalbuff said:
Haha, only got 50mm leh... will try your suggested set up one day if I get the 50-200 but that is unlikely as I rather buy a Pana Fz10 or 20 with adaptor and add on lens. The results are quite amazing. Look at Tchuanye's post

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=176773

my kunghu not as good as his! :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.