Macro Lens...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandom

Dec 10, 2004
Pls can anyone advice me which macro lens to buy for great closeups? My budget is abt $200 but any recommendation will be appreciated. I'm using D70...thanx...

mandom said:
Pls can anyone advice me which macro lens to buy for great closeups? My budget is abt $200 but any recommendation will be appreciated. I'm using D70...thanx...
That's an extremely tight budget for a macro lens... :eek:

Still, you could try getting a 50mm f/1.8 at SG$170 + a Nikon BR-2A reverseing ring at SG$30. Or the same lense + a closeup filter for about the same price.

The other alternative, if you still want a lens is to look for secondhand Nikon or Sigma macro lenses.

_

I'm not sure abt the price of a macro lens but can you recommend me the price for macro lens & the equivalent? Thanx...

mandom said:
I'm not sure abt the price of a macro lens but can you recommend me the price for macro lens & the equivalent? Thanx...

DP already recommend you the equivalent...

Macro such as the 105mmVR one IIRC it cost about $1300 or less...

mandom said:
How you define great closeups? :dunno:

mandom said:
which dedcated macro lens for $200, regardless of Nikon camera body :think: .................. none! :sweat: unless it's a seriously banged up lens, and i have my doubts it'll work! :sweat:

can try K-13 @ peninsula plaza. They clearing stocks of tokina 100mm f3.5 macro lens at $268.
its a 1:2 macro lens but comes with an adapter for you to shoot at 1:1. Comes with 1 yr warranty if im not wrong...

scandisk said:
can try K-13 @ peninsula plaza. They clearing stocks of tokina 100 f3.5 macro lens at $268.
its a 1:2 macro lens but comes with an adapter for you to shoot at 1:1. Comes with 1 yr warranty if im not wrong...
Wow, there is a glass around $200 region, thanks for sharing :thumbsup: I thought the 50mm + BR-2A would have been the only solution :sweat:

scandisk said:
can try K-13 @ peninsula plaza. They clearing stocks of tokina 100mm f3.5 macro lens at $268.
ya man! got hope for the TS! :bsmilie:

wildstallion said:
What about the Sigma 70-300 with Macro function? I believe its over the $200 budget though and around $300 IIRC
Yeah, it's now between $320-$360 :sweat:

_

So DP, wat kind of "cheap macro lens" do you use? nice decent shots though...

cheap macro lense? must be me!

[but are you asking dp or me?? hehe]

anyway i am testing a lot of achromatic filters, lense and combination against cheap lense like 18-70mm 55-200mm and 50mm

18-70mm $300
55-200mm $220
50mm $150
T6 i got free [or is it 6T? i always forget:(] no more selling?

then the rest of achromatic lenses are beg/borrow/steal from other hobbyist... some are oylmpus, some are leica... ... they host macro events then they advise me what to use... then they learn me to test test hehehe

i think there is a hoya 5x around $100

you can try 50mm with a combination...

Status
Not open for further replies.