Macbook AIR !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
the new mb air can last 5hr of usage wif wifi... :) somemore on battery :thumbsup::thumbsup:

bad thing too slim no optical drive :bsmilie:

at 3K, that thing qualifies as a big piece of ****. Too many items that I would prefer to have are removed. stereo sound, USB ports etc

Actually its price is in line with what sub-notebooks from other manufacturers are going for.

Like all new Apple gizmos, it pays to wait for at least the second revision of it. I'll probably hold out until the price of the flash drive normalizes. It's still in the novelty stage.

at 3K, that thing qualifies as a big piece of ****. Too many items that I would prefer to have are removed. stereo sound, USB ports etc
LCD, keyboard, touch pad, etc as well right? DC power plug too!

Actually its price is in line with what sub-notebooks from other manufacturers are going for.

Like all new Apple gizmos, it pays to wait for at least the second revision of it. I'll probably hold out until the price of the flash drive normalizes. It's still in the novelty stage.

But in term of features like more diskspace, built-in DVD drive, more USB ports, maybe MBA price is more ex?

its true... not making a judgement on it since it is just introduced, but good or bad, people will flock to it...

trust me.. ppl will still flock to it. Everyone needs an ultraslim right? :bsmilie:

i know

when it was just released and my friend (avid apple fan) told me, i was fooling around the site to try to look at stats for fun.. when i click pre-order button

the website just hang there for damn long, should be heavy traffic to the pre-order page. :bsmilie:

You got to be kidding right? In line with other sub-notebooks? hehehe You wanna look at Sony Viao Ultra light notebook's specs and then look at the new Macbook..it is like comparing apple to orange ( pardon the pun) This new MacBook is a great "how lian" show boat toy for sure and over sized PDA personally. I would rather stick to the Sony Viao or the Macbook pro leh for that kind of money heh. Before I could think of what I could do with this one...I could think of many things I can't do with it. Yes it is sexy though.... that much I give you.

no firewire right...and the better specs on cost $5000 plus with a ext drive...so not worth it

You got to be kidding right? In line with other sub-notebooks? hehehe You wanna look at Sony Viao Ultra light notebook's specs and then look at the new Macbook..it is like comparing apple to orange ( pardon the pun) This new MacBook is a great "how lian" show boat toy for sure and over sized PDA personally. I would rather stick to the Sony Viao or the Macbook pro leh for that kind of money heh. Before I could think of what I could do with this one...I could think of many things I can't do with it. Yes it is sexy though.... that much I give you.

Well, sex sells. Get over it. :bsmilie:

Guys, you're missing the point. It's not meant to be a feature-packed, geek-pride gizmo. So if you're into features, firepower, etc, look elsewhere.

It's targeted squarely at the so-called "lifestyle" crowd, the kind that spends a few thousands on a fashion accessory only to forsake it next season. Cash-rich geeks will buy it too, as I'd be surprised if they don't already own another full-function notebook/desktop to use as the main computing platform. Of course, there'll always be airheads (no pun intended) who view and buy the macbook air as their main ride, can't be helped.

No money, no honey ;)

Guys, you're missing the point. It's not meant to be a feature-packed, geek-pride gizmo. So if you're into features, firepower, etc, look elsewhere.

It's targeted squarely at the so-called "lifestyle" crowd, the kind that spends a few thousands on a fashion accessory only to forsake it next season. Cash-rich geeks will buy it too, as I'd be surprised if they don't already own another full-function notebook/desktop to use as the main computing platform. Of course, there'll always be airheads (no pun intended) who view and buy the macbook air as their main ride, can't be helped.

No money, no honey ;)

Thus I say "how lian" show boat toy" heheh.. This one will do well in Asia for sure. We are still so stuck to that materialistic one-upmanship 24/7. Stay tune...appearing at an outdoor cafe or MRT near you in the near future. heheheh.... I like it when someone at DIGG wrote that they should call this the "MacBook Paris Hilton" :bsmilie:

Compared to the small Sony models I've seen in the U.S.A., the MacBook Air is cheaper and more powerful. Sony has been selling a 1.0 GHz model for US$2000 and Apple is selling a 1.6 GHz model for US$1800.

Still, it's not for me but I'm sure a lot of people with money to waste will buy one. I'd spend the extra US$200 and buy a MacBook Pro or better yet, spend US$100 fewer and get a refurbished MacBook Pro.

There is no ethernet port for MacBook air.

Status
Not open for further replies.