M9 devastation

ir_swaps

Feb 27, 2006
Singapore
I ordered my M9 from Rahn in Apr and was sooooo happy when I finally got my package today. However, when I open the parcel, the item that greeted my was a Leica LX 1 instead:bheart: I'm sooo devastated and sad now. I've called the seller and he said his staff must have sent the wrong item to me. He say he will check with Leica if they have stock and will send me one asap. He sounded genuinely apologetic so I really do hope this is a genuine mistake and not a fraud :cry: Will update here when I have further updates on this saga.

lol did u pay M9 price or X1 price?

My condolences...

Hi

Sorry to hear that. I hope you get this sorted out with the seller. Was this via internet?

so sorry to hear about that. hope all will turn out well.

omg... that's like ordering a ferrari and getting a suzuki! =(

mega bummer...

Hi,

I am also thinking of purchasing some Leica stuff with Rahn. Besides the wrong item which you received, what is your experience in dealing with them? How much customs duty and GST did you pay when you receive the item? Also have you considered other Leica vendors in Europe and UK besides Rahn?

Thanks all for your concerns. After a long 1 week, seems they finally have stock of the M9. Nicholas said he will arrange for the camera to be sent to me today. My fingers crossed that this time all will turn out fine.

For those with some queries, I contacted Rahn thru' their website and made my purchase directly with Nicholas. He has been extremely responsive throughout my whole interaction with him. Which was why even with this saga, I was willing to give him the benefit of doubt. I've spoken to him since this mess up and he has assured me he will fix the whole mistake. So wish me luck that I will finally get me hands on my beloved M9 by next week!

Usually if the seller is going to cheat you, they won't bother to reassure you anything..they wud juz disappear...I think your case seems like the seller has made a mistake and offering sincere rectification to it...:)

do post some pics with your M9 when you have received it;p

Hi,

Hope that you will get finally get your hands on the M9 next week :)

I also read about a horror story of another German shop from Overgaard's Leica website, it goes like this:

<deleted - CJack>

What color is your M9? I prefer the steel grey version.

If you don't mind, could you please share with me how much customs duty and GST you have to pay when you receive the X1?

CJack: Especially when it comes to feedback on shops / dealers, I encourage all to share experiences, but preferably personal experiences rather than third-forth-fifth party... there is no one to clarify or substantiate any issues in the story and the story can get more and more distorted. worst yet, some of which could just be simply here-say / rumours. I applaud you for wanting to share, but I hope you understand the concern.

Last edited:
Mine is the steel grey version. I didn't have to pay tax with the X1. Let's hope I'll escape for the M9 as well :p Latest update from Nicholas is he will send the the item and have the tracking number for me by this Friday. So abit of unexpected delays n the anxious wait will start again.

I've actually decided to buy the X1 for my hubby. It looks so cool I didn't have the heart to send it back.

Mine is the steel grey version. I didn't have to pay tax with the X1. Let's hope I'll escape for the M9 as well :p Latest update from Nicholas is he will send the the item and have the tracking number for me by this Friday. So abit of unexpected delays n the anxious wait will start again.

I've actually decided to buy the X1 for my hubby. It looks so cool I didn't have the heart to send it back.

Hmmm..... so this is how to sell 2 cameras with one deal....... Good lesson learned. I know what to do when I set up my own camera store...... hehehehe...:bsmilie:

wish good luck on the M9 and everything to work out fine... it is a good price you are getting.
by the way i am curious on import tax of the x1.. there is no way one can avoid paying GST on import unless the value on the invoice is less than $500 some dollars.. If the seller declares low value on the package likelihood the insured amount is of non existent value. This will become a problem when shipment is lost. Who bears the value of the item? seller or buyer?
may be shipper has not billed you yet the GST they paid to Custom... typically they cleared it for you and bill you later... anyway i am just curious