M8 and DR Summicron

A little update: Summicron DR can be mounted on M240 as described above as well.
Another method for M240 is to use an old Leica sort-of extension tube, OUFRO. However, with the OUFRO, you will lose RF coupling thus you have to use LiveView or EVF to focus.

Summicron DR on Leica M
9453689874_152ab46d94_b.jpg

Last edited:
Optical Module of Rigid Cron or DR Summicron can be assembled with SOOKY-M/SOMKY and UOORF and mounted for closed-up function. It's RF coupled.
$14255427698_ed1df99f51_c.jpg
$14255595257_9bc6f0001a_c.jpg
$14462201903_292e6b12a3_c.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Thoth
Thanks gommy for the tip.
Can I check what is the purpose of this exercise? changing the lens element of the DR to the rigid? I am a big fan of the DR and has a Rigid as well and like to know of it been proven that the DR lens element is 'better' in terms of performance compare to the rigid? The report that DR get the 'choicest' front lens module may mean because of DR's close macro function, the tolerance must be tight hence those 'exact 51.9mm' module get selected for DR. However it may not infer that the glass quality of those DR module is superior to those Rigid module? I may be wrong here. The purpose of using the DR is simply the fantastic construction (I believe it is the best Leica mechanical lens) and the superb glass and using the DR lens module on Rigid body is not the same. Still thank you for the great suggestion.

Hi and just to add, after so many years in the market, all these old legacy lenses has different 'wear' rate on the coatings and it is really difficult to sort out the great one from the average. From my experience, a not so good exterior copy (scratches on the soft front element) may actually give better, sharper picture compared to a great looking piece (less scratches). My favourite DR has a scratch on the rear element that will frighten everyone away at first look and its the DR I go to every time I needed one. the nice looking one get no air time haha

Hi all seniors :)

anyone tried using R-Lenses on M digital body via LR-LM adapter, I read focusing will be a problem via viewfinder.

Thanks yeah I've done some reading it seems M8 and M9 focusing is impossible as there's no LV.

So u know what is d next cam to buy bro. Haha