M S Color - very bad experience / bad sales tactics

This is MS Color's reply; kudos to them for the excellent follow up. It is something most camera stores should learn from.

Hi Allan, we are very sorry for your bad experience with us. Please allow us to provide you an explanation.

Yesterday we had a customer who reserved an RX100 with us. As the shop was quite busy at the time, there was a miscommunication between the salesperson who engaged you and the amk hub branch side. We are terribly sorry that we caused you the trouble to travel between the two shops.

Also, the reason we are encouraging the full payment of the camera is because the Sony GST Absorption Promotion ends on the 28th November 2012. Please do not get us wrong as we are more than happy to have our customers take advantage of this promotion.

We have relayed this issue to our boss. And he would like to apologize on the behalf of the salesperson and the shop as well. As a sign of goodwill, we will include a sony case as well as a screen protector with your RX100.

Will it be okay if we have your contact number? We will contact you the as soon as the stocks arrives.

Regards,
M S Color

Sounds like a good service to me.

Check price means got stock? Why didn't u check which outlets have stocks in the first place? No stock means bad service?

Totally agree with this. He didn't even give them a chance to explain, and just dropped the bomb. -.-

Normally when I asked for equote I would normally also ask for availability of the cameras or equipment. And most of the time when I receive their equote, they would normally tell me the price and if the equipment I asked for are available.

And still not sure, or was a few days after receiving the equote, I would call them up first to check if they have stock or not, if have then I go down, simple. That way, there are less chances of wasted trip.

i purchased few stuffs from MS color, so far so good..for me, I will get e-quote, ask for reserve of the item with my name, go shop, let them know my name,check item, pay and go home play with my new toy... haha

just sharing my purchasing experience, I did order a rare canon close up lens last month where they required me to put up a small sum as reserve fees...i think it is acceptable for these good reputation shops to ask for reserve fees especially there is a promotion to catch..

Eqoute is only qoutations and must followup with phone call to confirm the deal with the shop. or to check the qoutes item is available. Normally they will help and gave good advice on the qoutes mention.

This still sounds ok for me...

their service sometimes good, sometimes bad....
but tired of listening that they only earn few dollars/not earning ......

lingkiin said:
This still sounds ok for me...

their service sometimes good, sometimes bad....
but tired of listening that they only earn few dollars/not earning ......

Actually I am not surprised their profit margin isn't exactly high. Afterall singapore market is small, and overheads are not something that can be easily negotiated. Not forgetting stock holding costs. Each day the stocks sit in the shop is each day that money isn't coming in.

people... if you want to give feedback about the shop, fine. SOME of you are taking this chance to take potshots at the person... consider this your last warning. if you want to conduct personal attacks, you will be penalised.

and i don't care who started it. all unrelated posts have been deleted. the next one who takes potshots at other CSers from this point forward, you will be served an infraction.

I find MS Color service is good, at least to me, always call to confirm stocks available before I go now, best is to reserve the item you want, and they will call you when stocks is available.
Did my major purchase with them for many years, and they can remember what I bought from them.

hope this help.

ageha said:
He just got the e-quote and expected it would be in stock by the time he arrives at the store. Anyway, en e-quote in Singapore never means the item is actually in stock. You have to check the stock status explicitly.

Totally agree...their e-quote is simply to give you their best price and not to reserve a set for you. You need to commit by asking them to reserve one for you. I have bought all my camera stuff from them from my humble 450D to my present 5D Mk3, as well as all my lenses. When aunty Florence says she will reserve for you, she will put one aside with a label on it.

It must have been some miscommunication or you have not expressed yourself clearly.

catchlights said:
I find MS Color service is good, at least to me, always call to confirm stocks available before I go now, best is to reserve the item you want, and they will call you when stocks is available.
Did my major purchase with them for many years, and they can remember what I bought from them.

hope this help.

I agree. Florence have always been helpful and MS Color is one of my to go shop for good prices and service.

Just to share my experience with ms color earlier this year. I had sent a pm to enquire for quote for a sigma lens. I got the quote but didn't chk if theres stocks ask them to reserve. The next day walked in to buy it, and that lens happen to be the last set, very satisfied.

So far I had positive experience buying from ms color amk hub branch.

The main branch is ok also.