Lynched

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoned

May 7, 2004
Changi
www.photo.net
Missed the bus so ended up shooting :bsmilie: Just sharing the result. Comments always appreciated

Padawan

Oct 4, 2004
Wahh...nice foto! I like I like ... what is it har?

Stoned

May 7, 2004
Changi
www.photo.net
Bingo! The prize goes to Mr. Sulhan :bsmilie:
I'll try posting the BnW version later today for comments

reactan

Jan 2, 2004
Bedok
reactan.instantlogic.com
pardon my newbie comments, but i really dont see what your pictures are trying to say. what has the straw hat got to do with being lynched? i feel that its lacking in composition, and making it B/W may not do it any good.

Stoned

May 7, 2004
Changi
www.photo.net
Essentially lynching was a form of getting rid of society's unwanted junk(convicts, murderers, and in the pre Abe Lincoln period, blacks), so to speak. The person to be gotten rid of was hung from a tree, albeit a bigger one.
I chose lynching as the title as the straw hat was "lynched"(ie. hung from a tree and gotten rid of)
Composition wise, I didn't want to show the whole hat, focusing more on the string(rope) and the point of contact between the rope and the "neck".

Here's a shot of the whole hat. Dead boring

r0n9

Jul 15, 2004
Clementi
hmm.. is the b/w post processed or taken in b/w ?
i find that there isnt enough contrast b/w the subjects.. everythin is nearly on the plain scale..

meaning-wise.. i get wht u tryin to bring across after u had explained.. nice analogy
anyway.. its juz my noob comments~

Stoned

May 7, 2004
Changi
www.photo.net
erm post-processed. The first pic is the same but in colour. Same thoughts here about the BnW, prob will just scrap it. Thanks though for the comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom