LX5 - Availability in Singapore & elsewhere

Eat your heart out! HaHA!

See LX5 lens DIY cap here:

The Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XiUeaLi_k0&feature=player_embedded

How to DIY:
http://www.mobile01.com/topicdetail.php?f=542&t=1783505

Handmade prototype ones sold for 800yuan?

Mass production ones coming?

Those who can read power chinese can please enlighten? Thanks!

yea saw the video before. the diy skills is pretty good.
try using chrome n dl extension for translating to english :)

Hi all,

My fren just got back from Japan,

Got his LX-5 with 8GB SDHC and case for only Yen35,750 (SG$573.50), some more has international warranty (not sure can work in SG or not). He wanted to get a GF1 white only Yen41,000 (SG$650ish) with freebies, but deem it too troublesome (buy lenses, dry cupboard, etc etc).

Oh and the menus are in English.

Just FYI. Maybe if anyone interested can ask a fren to buy one on their trip to Japan.

Cheers

Last edited:
Courts selling @ $799:
2 x 8gb SD card + camera case + premium digital care kit.

Worth anot?

Hi all,

Got his LX-5 with 8GB SDHC and case for only Yen35,750 (SG$573.50), some more has international warranty (not sure can work in SG or not). He wanted to get a GF1 white only Yen41,000 (SG$650ish) with freebies, but deem it too troublesome (buy lenses, dry cupboard, etc etc).

Add GST to Yen35,750 (SG$573.50) and you'll get around S$600+. We need parallel importers man!

Even the accessories like leather casing should be around S$20, JJC lens cap should be s$3...

Someone should arbitrage geographically to bring the price down!

Add GST to Yen35,750 (SG$573.50) and you'll get around S$600+. We need parallel importers man!

Even the accessories like leather casing should be around S$20, JJC lens cap should be s$3...

Someone should arbitrage geographically to bring the price down!

omg! my friend is in japan now! leather case only S$20 is super cheap. so is the JJC lens cap.

omg! my friend is in japan now! leather case only S$20 is super cheap. so is the JJC lens cap.

Erhh... JJC products made in china :sweatsm::sweatsm: I'm not talking about Japan prices but lowest prices you can find scouting around the world :sweatsm::sweatsm:

MÝ Ðë©ËMBëR®;6609353 said:
anyway pepz, i got my LX5 @ TK, $680.00 package includes [ 08GB Card + 01 Panasonic Hardcase + 01 Screen Protector ] :D

is the screen protector covering the whole LCD including the black portion ??

is the screen protector covering the whole LCD including the black portion ??

not sure abt TK but i brought from FN HN $5 screen protector cut to fit size covering the black portion too.

anyway please check that your lens ring front can be easily remove before purchasing
mine is so tight that i have to make a trip dwn back. :(

Sound good...

I will be going Japan next month. Maybe it's time for me to source for 1 there!!

Btw, where to get the camera in japan?

Hi all,

My fren just got back from Japan,

Oh and the menus are in English.

Just FYI. Maybe if anyone interested can ask a fren to buy one on their trip to Japan.

Cheers

hi guys, how long does the battery lasts per charge?

iRolly

thanks! i hope this would be a good choice for its price and range.
am thinking of getting one for my trip next month to NZ.
not sure if i'd need another extra battery though, it always seems better with one more around.

iRolly

thanks! i hope this would be a good choice for its price and range.
am thinking of getting one for my trip next month to NZ.
not sure if i'd need another extra battery though, it always seems better with one more around.

if you're out and about a lot, better to get a second one... especially if you are going touring where you won't be in your hotel a lot

if you're out and about a lot, better to get a second one... especially if you are going touring where you won't be in your hotel a lot

any idea how much an extra original battery will cost?
thinking of getting from FN TK or HN this week.

would the lx5 be available at the airport? has any1 bought it from Changi Airport? for how much and at which shop/terminal?

Thanks.

Is LX5 really worth to buy? Cos after testing it at the shop Yesterday, I think I prefer the old LX3, the manual focus in LX5 is so unfriendly. What do you guys think? :(

cant rmb. shld be ard $70plus to $90

Hi, does anyone here really need extra battery here? I brought my LX5 for trip, its just nice for me to shoot for a day about 450~600 per day on average and charge once per day when i return to hotel, i think its pretty long lasting...:)