LX5 - Availability in Singapore & elsewhere

Well, not surprising as the european market imposed a huge tariff on all imported items.

This is a very surprising, where do you get this info. Or do you mean the high VAT which are applied no matter whether the items are produced in EU or imported?

Last edited:
In many EU countries, VAT is the same like our GST. The local simply have to pay, regardless whether the goods are coming from.

does FN courts have stock?

Just found out from MS Color that new stocks are in, whites are limited though!

Just found out from MS Color that new stocks are in, whites are limited though!

Collected my reservation for a black one just 10 minutes ago at MSC 711 AMK. Understood that 100 units were delivered this afternoon and that they order backlog has already overtaken even the current delivered units. Didn't ask how many were whites ones though. Next shipment is expected in another 2 weeks approximately. So if you looking to buy from MSC do call up before going to the shop.

Last edited:
Collected my reservation for a black one just 10 minutes ago at MSC 711 AMK. Understood that 100 units were delivered this afternoon and that they order backlog has already overtaken even the current delivered units. Didn't ask officer were whites ones though. Next shipment is expected in another 2 weeks approximately. So if you looking to buy from MSC do call up before going to the shop.

How much did you pay?

Collected my reservation for a black one just 10 minutes ago at MSC 711 AMK. Understood that 100 units were delivered this afternoon and that they order backlog has already overtaken even the current delivered units. Didn't ask officer were whites ones though. Next shipment is expected in another 2 weeks approximately. So if you looking to buy from MSC do call up before going to the shop.
100 units for backlog? That is seriously big business.

How much did you pay?

Paid the current market price of $679 which includes the camera itself, 1 Kingston 8GB class 4 SD card, the Panasonic hard case (to be collected since there is no stock) and 1 piece of screen protector.

Didn't take a picture, but if you have been to MSC 711 AMK they have a door that leads to their store room (near the coffee shop side), the 100 pieces were stacked up in shipping carton outside the store room door, I think about 20 carton boxes of 5 units each I reckoned.

I understand that 100 pieces is already small order for them. Shipment to other countries/region are in the hundreds of thousands (?? verification needed) of units; Singapore is a small market.

Paid the current market price of $679 which includes the camera itself, 1 Kingston 8GB class 4 SD card, the Panasonic hard case (to be collected since there is no stock) and 1 piece of screen protector.

Didn't take a picture, but if you have been to MSC 711 AMK they have a door that leads to their store room (near the coffee shop side), the 100 pieces were stacked up in shipping carton outside the store room door, I think about 20 carton boxes of 5 units each I reckoned.

I understand that 100 pieces is already small order for them. Shipment to other countries/region are in the hundreds of thousands (?? verification needed) of units; Singapore is a small market.

hmms but i think lx5 had sold over thousand units in sg? =/

since most retail shop had brought over at least 2 shipment

i bought another LX5 at MSC for a friend last evening.
They had about 5 cartons stacked and the Lao Pan Niang said most of them are reserved.

Called Alan Photo Simlim yesterday morning, they told $680 cash with the 8GB + Hard Case + Screen Protector. Unfortunately went to Funan branch to buy and they say $699 for cash not a single penny less :eek:

I really did not have the energy to go back to Simlim to buy it, tried to bargain and told about the on the call quote, but the sales man told that Simlim promoter don't know they are junior, I am senior I know better! ! ! What The $%!@

I got fedup and paid $699 to collect a white one :cry:

But I love this little gem! :D

Called Alan Photo Simlim yesterday morning, they told $680 cash with the 8GB + Hard Case + Screen Protector. Unfortunately went to Funan branch to buy and they say $699 for cash not a single penny less :eek:

I really did not have the energy to go back to Simlim to buy it, tried to bargain and told about the on the call quote, but the sales man told that Simlim promoter don't know they are junior, I am senior I know better! ! ! What The $%!@

I got fedup and paid $699 to collect a white one :cry:

But I love this little gem! :D

This is why I have never buy camera from them...no standard.:thumbsd:

Well just a few hours ago I asked at parisilk Katong and was quoted $679 standard package but they did not have white model. They have about 15 sets - 5 already reserved. Harvey Norman at Parkway quote me at $749. I told them $679 elsewhere includes protector can you match their price? After talking to boss, they say their overheads very high - best offer $680.

So got the standard package at $680 - a white one(they say only got 3 sets - but I think they BS - they should have more). Ask for salesman named Ken - I believe he can do $680 for you if you name your price.

Don't be afraid to bargain, if the price is not right, walk away. Hope this helps. Happy shopping.

Got mine today at TK Foto S$680!:thumbsup::)

Called MS color for the LX5 white but was told sold out and ask me to leave down my contact.

But Called SLR Rev, reserved my White LX5 at excellent price of $680. Very friendly salesman. I am a happy man today. :bsmilie:

I passed by Simlim Alan photo, was quoted $680 for the standard package. Was told by the salesman their new stock just arrived. :)

yeah! got mine from TK Foto yesterday... :thumbsup:
...my 8GB is Sandisk, but some ppl get Kingston from different shop. so what brand of the 8GB SD card your get?