Luxmen tungsten video lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bro, i haven't use the exact models, but I have used their smaller 500w versions.
I think they're not as robust as redheads, but for the price, it's pretty ok.

A tad heavier than the typical redhead though.

:thumbsup:

thanks for the feedback.. tot if its cheap then prpbably can get a set.. but seems not so recommended.. :)
I like arri but think its abit high on its price.. hmm.. red head.. what's the price range like?
cheers. :)

I saw the luxmen light at G&G if im not wrong.

yes i saw it too.. the boss say cost something like $300++ but they do not have the kit set that consist of 3 or 4 unit.
thx:)

Frankly for that price, I rather take a red head. Not the best of lights. I have 2 of them.

Last edited:
Stay away from Luxmen. They are a fire hazzard. Personally, I have experienced cindering, rubber melting, and burnt out switches many, many times from various Luxmen. Cheap yes but DANGEROUS!!!

Stay away from Luxmen. They are a fire hazzard. Personally, I have experienced cindering, rubber melting, and burnt out switches many, many times from various Luxmen. Cheap yes but DANGEROUS!!!

Ouch! Thanks for the warning...so far I only experienced paint flaking and paint burning smell on my 500w lamp..usually these smell will occur only when new, but somehow they persists even after so many uses.....so far no fire yet...i hope. :)

But my 3 redhead kits have been so robust that they've survived for years of location production. Sundazz...better go for the standard industry proven redheads. :thumbsup:

Thx for all the suggestion and warning.
But somehow abt a month ago alredy bought 2 used units of this from a fellow mate here..
The sets look very new. I hv changed the bulbs to 600W instead of its standard 1kw. so far so good (cross my fingers).. used them for quite a number of days shoot alredy and seems the barn door cool down quite fast too. cable n switch seems not too hot lay.. maybe i down power to 600w? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.