Low Range DSLR Vs. High End Prosumer

Status
Not open for further replies.
theITguy said:
IMO, there is nothing to compare since you will need to pay for the lens that will work well with DSLR and it will be much more expensive. If you can afford go ahead but make sure you really need it instead of being lead to believe that it is good and you need it.

yeah but I do not need the exclusive lens or even the best lens but I am attracted to the more advanced functionalities a DSLR can offer and of course the bigger sensor meaning better images at higer iso which I need most of the time for low light photography :)

theITguy said:
Are you sure? Do not talk big. You tried using a D30 and 28-105/3.5-5.6 compared to an Olympus 8080?

There isn't a need to challenge...everyone has thier own beliefs ;)

rebbot said:
I was thinking of that but do you think I should get it with the kit lens or just save the money for a better lens :)

The kit lens is a great walkabout lens IMO. The only thing bad about it is its build, thats all.

n0d3 said:
The kit lens is a great walkabout lens IMO. The only thing bad about it is its build, thats all.

Gotcha Mate...thanks! guess I will get it with kit lens then as a starter lens ;)

rebbot said:
yeah but I do not need the exclusive lens or even the best lens but I am attracted to the more advanced functionalities a DSLR can offer and of course the bigger sensor meaning better images at higer iso which I need most of the time for low light photography :)

No I did not say exclusive lens or the best lens. What I mentioned was if you are to buy lens that a good Prosumer of 28-200mm range provide, it will cost you at least a good $300 to get that range for DSLR. Mind you these are lower quality lens in general and might not be as good as those in Prosumer. Add that $300 to a DSLR + Kit lens, you will need about $2K +/- or more since it does give you the option of getting better lens as and when you need.

That is not a challenge to a guy who only knows how to talk big without actually used the lousiest DSLR and a Prosumer.

dragos said:
technically, no equipment is lousy...it depends on the person who uses it..

Well said.

Just buy and shoot with what you have, photography to me is all about having fun. ;)

n0d3 said:
Well said.

Just buy and shoot with what you have, photography to me is all about having fun. ;)

ya, totally agreed.... if the pic turn out bad... no point being sad.. just treat it as a lesson... than learn from the mistake...

surge said:
just assumed that you bought a non interchangeable lens DSLR and DONT remove the lens and you will have no dust problems! :D just a mindset shift. compact can't be clean. DSLR CAN. but if you prefer dust free environment then dont change lens! you will still get better range, better quality(technical) photos and faster camera response time. being able to clean is a feature not a fault! ;)

I like that idea :bsmilie: non-interchangeable lens DSLR

Status
Not open for further replies.