Low cost 8R dye-sub

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikonrus

Feb 15, 2007
Anyone knows of a low cost dye-sub photo printer that can print up to 8R.
Speed is not essential; so even up to 1 hour per print also can be accepted. But of course obsolete (or soon to be) model where the ribbons are no longer available sooner or later would not be considered.

Anyone knows of a low cost dye-sub photo printer that can print up to 8R.
Speed is not essential; so even up to 1 hour per print also can be accepted. But of course obsolete (or soon to be) model where the ribbons are no longer available sooner or later would not be considered.

I don't know if it's low cost or not, but you can check out the Kodak Dye Sub photo printer 1400
http://wwwsg.kodak.com/global/en/pr...ub/thermalPrinters.jhtml?id=0.2.24.22.5&lc=en

I used to use a older model from kodak that is discontinued 5 years ago.

Thanks for the headsup. Checked with Kodak but unfortunately the 1400 is not being brought into Singapore market for whatever reason.

Hi nikonrus,

You could try to print it at the local photo print shop. There is no start up cost and don't need to maintain the printer. The only trick is to know their printer profile to match what you see on your screen.

Thanks, but what you see as convinence I see as a hassale & when I work out my sums, not cost effective. Not everyone lives in a location where they have access to a local photo shop within 2 mins of their residence/ office. So add the cost of transport, parking (without even taking into consideration of the time for travelling & waiting), per copy cost of the printout becomes just too expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.