Loving Sigma 50mm f1.4 HSM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had an opportunity to do a portrait shot today.

Here's one with Sigma. Very pleased with it.

Titled: Serene

3535698702_612721f23d.jpg

Looking good. :thumbsup:

Looking good. :thumbsup:

Thanks. Took a couple of portrait shots, all look very pleasing. Indoor, good lights and shot at f2. Pics still sharp.

Another portrait.

Titled: 歌狂

3538887542_1313579bc1.jpg

One from Seletar Camp
3539417836_a2fecb3172.jpg

Interesting treatment. Would have been nice if there's a person/model for the shot. This place looks cool for some theme shoot.

Interesting treatment. Would have been nice if there's a person/model for the shot. This place looks cool for some theme shoot.

You are right. Ive been thinking of a dashing shadow on the left with a slow shutter speed. If you plan to go, better go soon, heard it's going to be torn down soon.

One from a day tour of the AMK SCDF Centre. What a great day for the kids it was!

3534797871_d9443c820f.jpg

One of a good friend's child.
3494922254_5577bb5823.jpg

Last edited:
your picture makes me want to explore sigma :) nice :)

could you share to me how to make boarders like this and others? thanks :)

hi guys, here's my try with my Nikkor 50mm f1.4 MF... old manual lens.. love the "difficulty/challenge" to use MF and also a much cheaper lens :p

3551108141_dc1a066743.jpg

C&C please!!

hi guys, here's my try with my Nikkor 50mm f1.4 MF... old manual lens.. love the "difficulty/challenge" to use MF and also a much cheaper lens :p

3551108141_dc1a066743.jpg

C&C please!!

Hi Wind, first, I agreed with you that MF comes with a challenge esp. when you want to capture a moment and the subject "can't" wait for you, that's prob why I prefer to use AF and to get quick focusing. Looking at the above pic, looks like you handle MF well, pic still sharp, tho it looks to me, the focus is on the hand and glass, not too sure if that was your intent. In this particular pic, would prefer a larger pic so can see focusing/bokeh better.

your picture makes me want to explore sigma :) nice :)

Hi lyanlex, you should try one. Borrow from friends and try, you will fall in love with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.