Lovely Friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice try, mate. Lydia is your...?

Post a few of Lydia's photos here la. They wack me for posting too much photos. Now they are gonna wack you for posting too much hyperlinks. Haha ^^

She is very nice

To much orange in the pics for my liking

No position to comment on the other technical points

They wack me for posting too much photos. Now they are gonna wack you for posting too much hyperlinks. Haha ^^

Not me............ the more the merrier...............:thumbsup:

Thanks to waynem, jeff, and wildstallion. ^^ Now let's give the thread back to the owner yuppie8. :embrass:

Thanks to waynem, jeff, and wildstallion. ^^ Now let's give the thread back to the owner yuppie8. :embrass:

Ok.

Honestly? There not great But not terrible either.

Ok, lets start from the beginning:

Numero Uno - Makes her face look very big, you have cropped her hand in an awkward position, and the background is not nice, to say the least. There are a few areas where the highlights have become blown on her face, diffuse the flash more. I dont like how the shoulder cuts through her chin either.

Number Two - It is slightly better, the composition is pretty good, but look at that slanted horizon! Also, too many similar colours in my opinion, looks very bland, the brown colours dont really work together. Other than that, its pretty good.

Number Three - Now this is getting better, more creative, the brown doesnt look so bland and yuck anymore, but you have cropped off her hand, which is very annoying, would be nicer if you could crop closer to the head, too much negative space at the top, maybe move to your right more. Exposure and colours are good.

Number Four - Ok, now this one is just too central in my opinion, looks underexposed, look at her skin compared to the last one. Her position is too awkward (look at whats happened to her stomach). Bring her close up to the right of the frame and crop off way more leg, or bring her closer and leave the legs in.

Number Five - This is a nice close up try, but I think its maybe too close. Try from slightly further away, and have her arm out more, sort of leading us in maybe? Watch out for highlights on the nose and the lip.

All in all, not a bad attempt. Good control of light, just needs alot of work.

(To Leejay, this is the advantage of posting fewer pics, you get good advice!)

Agree with Wildstallion, however, the distortion on her face and limbs, if they are intended, then, what can I say except, you had made a pretty girl ugly, if not intended, then, watch out when you shooting portraiture, especially if you are close up, there will be distortion.

Some here will argue, the distortion is artistic freedom, the artist's right to create and experiment. I do not deny their rights, but hey, you managed to make a pretty girl ugly too.

Agree with Wildstallion, however, the distortion on her face and limbs, if they are intended, then, what can I say except, you had made a pretty girl ugly, if not intended, then, watch out when you shooting portraiture, especially if you are close up, there will be distortion.

Some here will argue, the distortion is artistic freedom, the artist's right to create and experiment. I do not deny their rights, but hey, you managed to make a pretty girl ugly too.

She looked pregnant in this pic

L_4_o.jpg

this pictutre is typical, model is distorted.

nope. hongkong

So, she's a chinese....

At first glance looks like Malay...

Pardon me for being frank.

I would say you have a great model, but you did her some great injustice. Firstly, the pics are distorted. I'm not sure what lens you used to shoot; I think most likely a wide angle zoom. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Secondly, for some of your pics, the flash is a bit too harsh on her. Of this kind of set up, I suggest you not to use flash or direct flash on the subject. Make use of the ambient light and shoot in slow shutter. Ask the model to stay very still. Push up your ISO if necessary. You may need some studio light set-up.

Thirdly, try improve on the pose of the model and composition of your shots.

it is really a camera "distortion" or perhaps something more natural?

some people when they sit down, the tummy tends to protrude out

Status
Not open for further replies.