Loose rubber feet on carbon fibre tripod

Searcher

Oct 14, 2006
The rubber feet on my carbon fibre tripod are loose. Does anyone one know how to glue it tight again? I read online seem to need some kind of contact cement to glue it. Does anyone know where to buy those?

I don't want to bring my tripod out and come home without the rubber feet, will be sad.

Just those yellow glue. The type furniture store uses.

U know, the type glue sniffers sniff...

Can get in any hardware store.

Go to the DIY shop and get a small tin of Dunlop rubber adhesive. It's the same as those used by the cobbler.

Thanks, will go and see if I can find. I guess I can just ask the shopkeeper at hardware store for the glue that cobbler use to repair shoes bah.

it is called cow gum

6a00d834516c0669e20133ec7e8a7b970b-800wi

why not just ask the cobbler to fix it for you instead of buying the glue

Last edited:
it is called cow gum

6a00d834516c0669e20133ec7e8a7b970b-800wi

why not just ask the cobbler to fix it for you instead of buying the glue

yeah I second that idea.
Not so straightforward process to apply the adhesive and make it stick... :)

I doubt cobbler has done it before either, may as well get a can and try it myself. And my cobbler in my area super busy, my shoe give him repair take him 3 day cause too many cases for him.

Then you had better watch the cobbler, after the glue is applied sparingly, it is left aside to become sticky. Not sure how long. Only after it has become sticky then it is stuck together.

Another name of cow glue is called contact glue or contact adhesive. They are not water resistant. If you want to glue it permanently to your tripod, you can get the epoxy resin from any DIY store like homefix, mix the 2 platty together from the epoxy resin package and apply, allow it to cure for 24 hours.

The rubber feet on my carbon fibre tripod are loose. Does anyone one know how to glue it tight again? I read online seem to need some kind of contact cement to glue it. Does anyone know where to buy those?

I don't want to bring my tripod out and come home without the rubber feet, will be sad.

on hind sight, why not just buy a rubber foot that is slightly smaller and use the elasticity of rubber to hold it in place instead of adhesive.