looking for YN 568EX flash user need some help

voice123

Jan 16, 2012
Singapore
I bought this flash few months ago and been using ETTL on my canon.I believe i hasnt unleash the full potential of this flash.

I came across a few photographer, when they shoot wedding or event they always double shoot a single scene. I not sure why but I think is they are using
exposure bracketing +1/-1 or something like that.

However when flash is mounted this setting on the camera isnt working anymore...so I did some research on internet and found out there is Flash Exposure Bracketing (FEB).
Like first shot +1 flash power next shot -1 flash power

Currently what I doing is very manual, when I shoot if the flash is too power I manually adjust and shoot again.
I am nt sure how to set it on YN 568 . looking for expert in this field to guide along.

Last edited:
I bought this flash few months ago and been using ETTL on my canon.I believe i hasnt unleash the full potential of this flash.

I came across a few photographer, when they shoot wedding or event they always double shoot a single scene. I not sure why but I think is they are using
exposure bracketing +1/-1 or something like that.

However when flash is mounted this setting on the camera isnt working anymore...so I did some research on internet and found out there is Flash Exposure Bracketing (FEB).
Like first shot +1 flash power next shot -1 flash power

Currently what I doing is very manual, when I shoot if the flash is too power I manually adjust and shoot again.
I am nt sure how to set it on YN 568 . looking for expert in this field to guide along.

no one shoot in bracketing exposure for event photos, when they shoot two shots, is to prevent caught somebody's eyes blinking.
shooting bracketing exposure is only give you extra unnecessary works during post production.

if you need to change the flash exposure, just need to push the buttons on the flash to change the flash compensation (please go and read your flash user manual), once you are experience enough, you should know what kinds of scenes will need you to adjust flash compensation.

thanks for clearing my doubts for the 2 shot thingy,

FEC is set on the camera when using ETTL. Check the camera menu for flash settings.
If you set FEC on camera be careful what you do on the flash, best to leave it untouched and on default settings. When using third party flash it is possible that camera settings and flash settings get added. That could lead to some strange results.