looking for tamron 17-50mm f2.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

with_brokenwings

Jul 6, 2006
the 15th
www.eugene.oepri.com
hi all

i'm a J2 student who'd be covering a youth conference on a purely voluntary basis (no pay involved), and i'd need the use of this lens. problem is, it's for a rather long period of time (24th nov to 9th dec) and renting one would be just too pricey.

so, if possible (i know it's a long shot), would anyone be willing to lend me his/hers? i'd be willing to pay for a full deposit for the use of your lens, just in case you're worried that i'd run away with it / damage it.

so if you're able to lend it to me (bless your soul), or know of someone who might, or know of a really really super good rental deal, please contact me!

you can email me at simpleconfusion89@gmail.com or text me at 97273977

cheers,
eugene

Hi, there are quite a number in B&S section right now... think it would be more feasible to buy a 2nd hand one then maybe sell it off at a small loss or even no loss if u can get a good deal.

Hi, there are quite a number in B&S section right now... think it would be more feasible to buy a 2nd hand one then maybe sell it off at a small loss or even no loss if u can get a good deal.

yeapp. thank's a back up plan i got.. just looking for quicker alternatives..
thanks though!

Hi Eugene,

Do consider talking to the committee in charge of this project. You're already doing them such a big service by volunteering, but they need to help support the equipment requirements as well.

Aside, I can personally vouch for Eugene as he has helped me on assignment that required pre-shoot discussions and for him to turn up at 4am for the actual shoot. He was early and already on stand-by the time we arrived at the location! I can't think of another young person who has displayed that level of commitment and responsibility. I've already offered Eugene my Metz Hammerheads if he is comfortable luggin it around. Just wished I had the lens he needs.

If you get a chance to speak with him, or meet him, you will know what I mean about him being an A-OK GUY!

Hi Eugene,

Do consider talking to the committee in charge of this project. You're already doing them such a big service by volunteering, but they need to help support the equipment requirements as well.

Aside, I can personally vouch for Eugene as he has helped me on assignment that required pre-shoot discussions and for him to turn up at 4am for the actual shoot. He was early and already on stand-by the time we arrived at the location! I can't think of another young person who has displayed that level of commitment and responsibility. I've already offered Eugene my Metz Hammerheads if he is comfortable luggin it around. Just wished I had the lens he needs.

If you get a chance to speak with him, or meet him, you will know what I mean about him being an A-OK GUY!

aww, thanks man! heh.

i'm using the kit, which is fine for normal use. just that i'd be shooting in low light and covering fast paced activities and the f2.8 would be really useful. im trying to keep my iso as low as possible too.

I think I get a better idea of why Eugene is looking for a 2.8 zoom lens... I may be wrong, so correct me ya?

There will be hundreds of photos shot per day, so PP has to be kept to the barest minimum, which probably explains why he wants to keep the ISO as low as possible - no need to process through a noise reduction programme.

A powerful flash is not the problem for most of the days as I've already offered my Metz 45 or 60 for him to use.

These photos have to be selected, edited and uploaded at the end of each day on a server.

There will be several segments of events like a 'formal' concert/performance where flash would not be allowed. Using fast primes would increase his payload and also slow him down because of the lens changes.

There are probably several ways that more experienced photographers would use to address the challenges, but I guess Eugene just wants to keep it as simple as possible instead of lugging a mono or tripod and a whole bag of lenses around.

Eugene may not be as 'seasoned' as some of us here, but he's a genuinely nice young man, so if there's some way you can assist, I'm sure he would be grateful.

Also, he may not be here often to answer questions as he's full-swing into his books as his A lvl papers are almost starting, so I guess I'll help him keep an eye on his thread for him.

Hey! Aren't you supposed to be studying? GRRRR!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.