Looking for gakken flex.

lynnies

Jan 15, 2010
hi everyone, i'm looking for the TLR toy camera. anyone selling over here?

You may wanna check

(1) Kinokuniya Book Stores at Takashimaya

(2) Thirty Six at Sunshine Plaza

Thirty six(Sunshine plaza) and Pageone(Vivocity) has it:)

thanks for the reply.. do u noe how much one cost?

50+ from thirtysix

went to page one.. they dun have it already!:(

TS, be sure to spent at least 2-3 weeks to assemble this Galken Flex.

My friend took around 2 weeks to complete assembly for this GF Camera. The hardest part is the spring on the Shutter.. which is hard and difficult.

Unless you like assemble yourself, otherwise, I would recommend you to look for ASSEMBLED one at the below forum, LOMOTION.

http://lomotion.20.forumer.com/index.php?sid=77a4d68edd51a533da4908c4808f425b

Compared this GF Camera to the Black Bird Fly, this GF Camera does not come with a Hot-Shoe on the camera that allows you to fit an ext flash whereas the BBF Camera does.
However, one of the guy whom I met in the LOMOTION outing DIY his GF Camera with a HotShoe adaptor and it works !

Also, loading film in this TLR Cameras isn't as easy as normal Film Cameras too. I've seen some who have difficulties loading film.

Have you tried to use a GF Camera before ? Ever try to compose ? Haha:) Then you'll be surprise, composing a shot isn't an easy thing too... I've tried and I'm surprised !

Lastly, don't expect yourself to get 90-95% of your shots to be nicely exposed, this GF Camera doesn't have a Light Meter.. thus it's fully manual.. but also it depends on what film you are using too.

My first roll from my Holga 135BC came out only 3 SHOTS !! Haha:)..

Got mine at Kinokuniya. Took me about 2 hours to put together. Gonna do a test roll this week.

on a similar note, anyone happen to know where i can go buy the other gakken stuff? or is ebay the only way?
There's this 8mm film projector..

TS, be sure to spent at least 2-3 weeks to assemble this Galken Flex.

My friend took around 2 weeks to complete assembly for this GF Camera. The hardest part is the spring on the Shutter.. which is hard and difficult.

Unless you like assemble yourself, otherwise, I would recommend you to look for ASSEMBLED one at the below forum, LOMOTION.

http://lomotion.20.forumer.com/index.php?sid=77a4d68edd51a533da4908c4808f425b

Compared this GF Camera to the Black Bird Fly, this GF Camera does not come with a Hot-Shoe on the camera that allows you to fit an ext flash whereas the BBF Camera does.
However, one of the guy whom I met in the LOMOTION outing DIY his GF Camera with a HotShoe adaptor and it works !

Also, loading film in this TLR Cameras isn't as easy as normal Film Cameras too. I've seen some who have difficulties loading film.

Have you tried to use a GF Camera before ? Ever try to compose ? Haha:) Then you'll be surprise, composing a shot isn't an easy thing too... I've tried and I'm surprised !

Lastly, don't expect yourself to get 90-95% of your shots to be nicely exposed, this GF Camera doesn't have a Light Meter.. thus it's fully manual.. but also it depends on what film you are using too.

My first roll from my Holga 135BC came out only 3 SHOTS !! Haha:)..
2 weeks????

your friend spent 5minutes a day to do it?

a straight 2 hours is more than enough already...

I did mine in 1.5 hours, so I don't see how difficult it can be... It's pretty straight forward, except the the illustration where they mislabeled 2 of the springs. As for the shutter and spring, do spend a little bit of time understanding the diagram as well as the logic behind the shutter mechanism. It will help in preventing broken parts and time loss.

As for the films, I do not find any problem with the film loading. Somehow my GF is cooperating really well with me. ;p As for the films, it really depends on what kind of environment you are shooting in. I find that even a 400 film is underexposed indoor, like my own home in the mid-afternoon. So GF is, in my own opinion, best to be deplored outdoors.

Just my few cents worth of comments.

yup jus head to ndroo's web haha i checked it out too and i fixed mine! sadly i dun use it only ran one roll

thirtysix had stocks.

i have a couple of unassembled sets together with the magazine. Just pm me if anyone is interested. I don't make a profit through this, just wanna have these sets goes to someone who will make use of them more than me. :)

Last edited: