Looking for Flash (Nikon D300)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkhunter

Oct 6, 2008
I just want a simple Flash that's a little better for "fill flash" purposes than the on-board flash that comes with D300 and produces horrid white-light results (unnatural compared to how the subject actually looked).

The more I read about SB-900, SB-600, SB-800, and even the SB-400, the more confused I get with all the acronyms (iTTL and whatnot). I don't have the time to get trained for all of this.

All I need is a simple Flash that gives better light than onboard flash (fill) and allows me to use bounce easily too with some easy settings. Would the SB-400 be good enough for me then?

SB600. They're going for about S$300, with a particular person in the consumers forums claiming that he bought one with warranty below the S$300 level.

SB800 will work better on D300 i suggest ;)

I just want a simple Flash that's a little better for "fill flash" purposes than the on-board flash that comes with D300 and produces horrid white-light results (unnatural compared to how the subject actually looked).

The more I read about SB-900, SB-600, SB-800, and even the SB-400, the more confused I get with all the acronyms (iTTL and whatnot). I don't have the time to get trained for all of this.

All I need is a simple Flash that gives better light than onboard flash (fill) and allows me to use bounce easily too with some easy settings. Would the SB-400 be good enough for me then?

For your purpose, a SB-600 would do fine. But it is not as accurate as a SB-800 or as fast. So if you're picky about quality, then go higher, else it'll do fine.

The SB-600 is a good bet. It provides greater options and flexibility for a bit more than the SB-400. The SB-800 will be the next logical step, if you can still find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.