Lodging in Taipei

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookiez

Oct 6, 2003
Going there soon on Free & Easy.

Any nice, clean and safe hotels in Taipei which you will recommend ?
Near MRT stations will be better !
Thanks in advance !

Rainbow Hotel (but it's not called cai3 hong2 jiu3 dian4 in chinese, it's something else can't remember).

It's situated in the heart of Xi Men Ding, and only slightly less than 10 min walk to the train station. Cheap and good and clean but the complimentary breakfast u can REALLY forget abt it. It's just plain porridge and some very simple dishes.

Hope this helps.. :)

destiny_star said:
Cheap and good and clean but the complimentary breakfast u can REALLY forget abt it. It's just plain porridge and some very simple dishes.

hmm..how cheap is that?

I have stayed in one hostel...NT3000 for 1 week, got own room but shared bathroom, or NT$3300 with private bathroom. Cannot expect too much for that price, but pple are mostly angmo who teach english in Taiwan, so they stay there for months and all know each other very well. On average only S$20 per night, and I stayed there for 10 days last time, and the building also can withstand earthquake as i experienced that last time.

what i like most is that the MRT station is less than 50m away, few stations away from world trade center only

Wai said:
hmm..how cheap is that?

I have stayed in one hostel...NT3000 for 1 week, got own room but shared bathroom, or NT$3300 with private bathroom. Cannot expect too much for that price, but pple are mostly angmo who teach english in Taiwan, so they stay there for months and all know each other very well. On average only S$20 per night, and I stayed there for 10 days last time, and the building also can withstand earthquake as i experienced that last time.

what i like most is that the MRT station is less than 50m away, few stations away from world trade center only

Of course not so cheap as compared to yours la.. Staying in hostel and staying in hotel are two different things mah.. But if the thread starter dun mind staying in hostel then it definitely will save him lotsa money.

destiny_star said:
Of course not so cheap as compared to yours la.. Staying in hostel and staying in hotel are two different things mah.. But if the thread starter dun mind staying in hostel then it definitely will save him lotsa money.

Thanks destiny star. Hostel or hotel doesnt matter, must be clean, safe and easy access
to public transport. The hotel u recommended, is it 長虹大飯店 ? Can u still remember how
much is the room rate ?

cookiez said:
Thanks destiny star. Hostel or hotel doesnt matter, must be clean, safe and easy access
to public transport. The hotel u recommended, is it 長虹大飯店 ? Can u still remember how
much is the room rate ?

Yup.. that's the one i'm referring. But as to how much the room rate was, i really can't remember already. So sorry about it, coz it's been a while since i was there for my holiday.

I guess u can check with several travel agencies i'm sure they'll be able to provide some assistance. One thing to take note though.. if i'm not wrong the weather conditions now isn't that good as there could be typhoon passing by. So just always be prepared lor.. :)

thanks for the info. I'm going there only in end of Oct so maybe not fated to meet
any typhoons :p

Highly recommend Cosmos Hotel in Taipei...clean and tidy. Rate seems to be cheaper when book through travel agent. MRT, train and bus stations just next door. I believe Mitsukoshi department store is across the street. Check out the link below

Cosmos Hotel

Cheers.

My last trip to Taipei, a personal trip 2 years ago, I stayed at Fortuna Hotel. I called the hotel and booked direct as it was cheaper than on-line booking. I paid NT1,800 nett per night. It is a business class hotel, it is old but clean and presentable. Walking distant to MRT.

I am a regular customer of AsiaTravel : http://www.asiatravel.com and http://www.holidaycity.com. Both are Singapore owned company. Check them out.

I always check on-line and then call the hotel to compare rate. On-line rate is usually lower, but occasionally direct booking can be cheaper.

I am planning a personal trip to Taipei coming August. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.