Local Pentax Pricing for K5IIs (and cameras) - We need better

not too long ago, saw pf guys drooling on prices of pentax items obtained by sing guys... now, instead sing guys are having the bad end of the deal. surely we have to gripe about it, else we will be taken for a BIG ride. i for one would not buy from this distro if they thot we are printing our own money(QE4???)

esp, now the yen is hitting the bottom... sooner we may have the banana notes again!

not too long ago, saw pf guys drooling on prices of pentax items obtained by sing guys... now, instead sing guys are having the bad end of the deal. surely we have to gripe about it, else we will be taken for a BIG ride. i for one would not buy from this distro if they thot we are printing our own money(QE4???)

esp, now the yen is hitting the bottom... sooner we may have the banana notes again!

If I can travel to Japan in June for work, for sure if exchange rate still favorable , to get K5IIs body.

If I can travel to Japan in June for work, for sure if exchange rate still favorable , to get K5IIs body.

And please don't extend "help" to us local Pentaxians at the cost of your flight and accommodation in the excess of a FEW hundred $$ each ok?

;)

And please don't extend "help" to us local Pentaxians at the cost of your flight and accommodation in the excess of a FEW hundred $$ each ok?

;)

Ok, you need anything?

;)

You need anything,? imagine I am going next month!

You need anything,? imagine I am going next month!

LoL! Nah... Not obtaining anything Pentax-related for now till the "true" APS-C flagship is revealed. Haha!

But I believe there would be others here who would be interested in asking for your sincere help. ;)

Then again, I'm oh-so-tempted with that beauty of a red 645D.. Haha!

*swallows GAS medication* LOL!

Philip can I ? Lol

Philip can I ? Lol

If company sent me there work trip in June, then i would let u all know. what do you need? I plan to go without camera and buy one camera, so how many can I carry? I don't think can check into luggage .

Any shop particular near Shinjuku? Anyone know? I saw line planet said Yodobashi camera shop near Shinjuku station. No local japan consumption tax also if I show passport.

If company sent me there work trip in June, then i would let u all know. what do you need? I plan to go without camera and buy one camera, so how many can I carry? I don't think can check into luggage .

Any shop particular near Shinjuku? Anyone know? I saw line planet said Yodobashi camera shop near Shinjuku station. No local japan consumption tax also if I show passport.

You can't buy too many I would think.. My sense is 2-3, 4 might be pushing it.

Maybe someone else with experience in such matters can chip in too.

Yodobashi is at the west exit of Shinjuku station..once out of the west exit..just walk straight..you cant miss the building..its the whole building by itself..

or you can try BIC at the east exit (kabukicho exit)..alternatively, there is a BIC shop at the shopping center above shinjuku station (think its call Lumine)..its on the other side of the shopping center if you come out from shinjuku station...if you need more directions..i can point it out to you on the map...

btw..pentax square is at shinjuku area also..if you free..can go take a look and play with the 645D..

on the tax part..i not sure if you can do the tax refund on the spot..my previous experience with other stuff is that i have to pay the tax first then do it at the tax refund counter within the shopping center

Last edited:

Best place would be mapcamera in shinjuku. Its right beside yodobashi, but yodobashi has a few buildings there. Immediate tax rebate with your passport as well.

Best place would be mapcamera in shinjuku. Its right beside yodobashi, but yodobashi has a few buildings there. Immediate tax rebate with your passport as well.

Thanks all for suggestions, would try Yodobashi and Mapcamera, if get to go over in June, would sound out.

Just making a note that some of the fellow Pentaxians are reporting a price drop in the K5 IIs to $15XX. That's close to the US pricing. :) Not sure if the drop was a response to this thread but it's great that some drop has happened.. Though of course Amazon US has dropped its price to USD 979 from the original USD 1079 cited. I'm still sticking to my K5 for now though, can't justify the purchase to myself. :p

Last edited:
Thanks all for suggestions, would try Yodobashi and Mapcamera, if get to go over in June, would sound out.

If u have union pay credit card it's another 5% off (in addition to 5% tax refund). U can easily apply at bank of china singapore.

Just making a note that some of the fellow Pentaxians are reporting a price drop in the K5 IIs to $15XX. That's close to the US pricing. :) Not sure if the drop was a response to this thread but it's great that some drop has happened.. Though of course Amazon US has dropped its price to USD 979 from the original USD 1079 cited. I'm still sticking to my K5 for now though, can't justify the purchase to myself. :p

Cos they take off the free bundle lens . We got the option to buy the free bundle lens at 199 now . Quite a good new to those who want a k5iis but don't need the lens

yes it is due to this thread so the price went down