LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (29!) HUAT AH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
MASCHERANO EYES KING CARLOS` CROWN

Javier Mascherano aims to emulate his friend Carlos Tevez and win the Champions League.

Mascherano, 24, admits that he was delighted for his fellow Argentina international when he claimed a winner's medal in last season's final for Manchester United.

The midfielder was perhaps oblivious to the fact that he was probably the only person of a Liverpool persuasion who felt that way watching the final in Moscow last May, when the Red Devils beat Chelsea on penalties.

But having arrived in England alongside his friend Tevez at West Ham, he can probably be forgiven for such sentiment.

Mascherano said: "I have a good relationship with Carlos. He is playing for Manchester United and me for Liverpool, but it does not matter because we are friends.

"I am happy for him that he has done well, that he has won the Champions League.

"When we play against each other, of course, I want to win, to beat him. But he is my friend and I am happy for him when he is successful.

"He had the chance to win the Champions League, and when he was in Argentina he won the Libertadores Cup. So he has many winner's medals now.

"But we need to separate things. On one side there is football where we are rivals, but on the other in our private lives we are friends.

"I have a good friendship with him and his family, football will not change that.

"I spoke to Carlos after the Champions League final and I told him I was happy for him, but now I want to win it like him."

Mascherano has recovered from a calf injury to be in Liverpool's squad to face PSV Eindhoven on Wednesday in their second Champions League Group D match, having won their first at Marseille.

Liverpool, still unbeaten this season and with only two defeats in their last 29 games in all competitions, have hit the sort of form that gives their fans belief that the Premier League title can be claimed.

Mascherano said: "I am fit, I can play if the manager wants. I have had a short rest with the injury, which coming after the Olympics and my busy schedule was good. Now I feel ready to play.

"Now we want to fight for every competition, we want to compete for the league and in Europe, so we must maintain this level.

"There will be many difficult games but we must make sure that we keep playing the way we are.

"I want to win everything, and I know the Champions League and the Premier League together are difficult. But let us see where we are at the end.

"As long as we keep going, keep doing the right things, we will see where that takes us."

Mascherano warned his team-mates, still buoyant from Saturday's derby victory over Everton, that they cannot ease off against their Dutch opponents on Wednesday night.

He added: "But we must not lose our concentration. PSV have lost their first game in this group, so they will be dangerous. They will want to surprise us so we must not allow our level to drop.

"We are stronger than last season, we have more and more options. We have players who can perform just as well in several positions, so that is good for the manager and the team.

"We have more mental strength than last season, and we are able to recover from poor results much better. We have reached a certain level now and the aim is to keep it going all season.

"We have improved and we can fight for the title and Champions League."

KROMKAMP PRAISE FOR LIVERPOOL​

PSV Eindhoven defender Jan Kromkamp returns to Anfield insisting his former club can do the Champions League and Premier League double.

Kromkamp, 28, had a short spell at Liverpool two years ago and claimed an FA Cup winners' medal against West Ham as a second-half substitute in the Cardiff final.

And he then made his PSV debut in the Champions League against Liverpool in Holland in the 2006-07 season - a 0-0 draw - while also playing in the return at Anfield, won 2-0 by the eventual finalists.

The full-back is certain of Liverpool's general improvement since then, and said: "They can copy what Manchester United achieved last season in winning both the European Cup and the Premier League.

"They certainly have the quality. In fact, even when I was here I believed they were capable of winning anything they took part in.

"Having watched them a few times on TV this season, I can see their confidence is high and they are certainly able to win both the major tournaments."

Kromkamp will face his old club on Wednesday having just returned from a knee injury that has kept him out of action since April.

He continued: "I believe Steven Gerrard is one of the best players in the world and Liverpool have strength in every position. This is going to be a difficult game for us.

"They have quality and are very strong. It is hard to find a weakness because they have been a big club in Europe for several years now.

"We know they have a strong defence and are difficult to break down. But we will try."

PSV have left star midfielder Ibrahim Afellay behind in Holland, the Manchester City target still out with a toe injury. It was decided against giving the 22-year-old a pain-killing injection to allow him to play.

Coach Huub Stevens, the former Schalke boss, is equally as impressed by Liverpool and accepts PSV face a severe challenge, having already lost their opening Group D match 3-0 at home to Atletico Madrid.

He said: "Keeping a clean sheet is one of the most important things for us on the night.

"Liverpool are very strong, they can play with two strikers or with just one but three attacking from behind. You must respect them as they are such a strong team and tactically very good.

"If it is Fernando Torres and Robbie Keane playing up front together we may put 11 defenders on the pitch! But we will have to work hard to contain them, whatever system they use.

"Every game at this stage is very important to us. After losing our first match in the group that is obvious, we will be trying to make sure that we save our European campaign.

"We have to learn from the mistakes we made in the 3-0 home defeat by Atletico, we cannot make similar mistakes here.

"I also agree that Gerrard is one of the best midfield players in the world, but Liverpool is not only Gerrard. The name is Liverpool FC, not Gerrard FC.

"We have studied many Liverpool matches, not just the Stoke match when they were held at Anfield. We have learned that they make a lot of chances and it is up to the players I put out to do to them what Stoke did.

"But we do not lack self-confidence, no fear, we are looking forward to the challenge."

sounds like PSV is going to park bus in front of goal tonight. if permitted, i think they will also park the airplane they arrived in.

Let's get ready to GUESS GUESS GUESS!

Correct Score Prediction = 3points!

Correct 1st Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Correct Last Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Hat-Trick Hero Perfect Guess Guess Guess! = 5points!

so in any game, the max point a participant can net is a total of 10points.

Sorting Out the Grey Areas.

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and haf listed someone else as the last scorer.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

League Table

1). boresome 17pts
2). grumpy 12pts
3). domdomino 11pts
4). blazer workz 6pts
5). zhapchit 5pts
6). Taurean 5pts
7). jfoo 4pt
8). canew 4pt
9). cheesecake 4pts
10). airfins 3pts
11). roDz 1pt
12). dfstan 1pt
13). kelccm 1pt
14). goondu (NEW ENTRY!!) 1pt!

01 Oct, 2008

LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB vs. PSV Eindhoven
champs league

ANFIELD!!!

1). 3-0 LIVERPOOL WINS!! (TORRES, KITE!) crazy cc
2). 1-0 LIVERPOOL WINS!! (Torres) kelccm
3). 1-1 Liverpool Draw (Keane) blazer_workz
4). 2-0 Liverpool Wins!! (Gerrard, Torres) Goondu
5). 4-1 Liverpool Wins!! (Keane, Gerrard) zhapchit
6). 2-1 LIVERPOOL WINS ! ( Torres, Torres ) domdomino
7). 3-1 Liverpoll Win!!! (Gerrard, Babel) grumpy
8). 2-0 LIVERPOOL WIN! (TORRES/BABEL) roDz
9). 2-1 LIVERPOOL WIN! (Torres, Torres) boresome
10). 3-0 LIVERPOOL WIN! (Torres, Gerrard) airfins
11). 2-0 Liverpool Win (Torres, Kyut) jfoo

sounds like PSV is going to park bus in front of goal tonight. if permitted, i think they will also park the airplane they arrived in.

tonite we will know.

Mascherano backs goal-shy striker Keane​

Javier Mascherano has joined the clamour of appreciation from Anfield for Robbie Keane as Liverpool prepare for their Champions League Group D home clash with PSV Eindhoven.
Click here

Keane is still to score after 10 games for his new club following the Irishman's £20million move from Tottenham in the summer.

In recent weeks Keane has received strong support from Steven Gerrard and Dirk Kuyt, and now midfielder Mascherano has added his weight to the argument.

He said: "Robbie Keane is a great player, and now he is playing in a different system to what he was used to at Spurs.

"He must get used to the different way that we play, but of course I believe he can have a great partnership with Fernando Torres."

With Gerrard searching for his 100th goal for the club - as Liverpool look for their 100th goal under manager Rafael Benitez in European competition - Mascherano is confident Keane will get off the mark.

He said: "Robbie has scored lots of goals in his career and he will do the same here."

Benitez will have Mascherano back from a calf injury to face the Dutch champions.

The problem now for Benitez is the rampant expectation that sees them expected to beat sides like PSV at Anfield.

It does not help the Anfield coach's plan for calm and concentration when Liverpool have such a good record against Eindhoven.

In 2006-07 on the way to the Athens final against AC Milan, Liverpool met PSV four times in the competition. The sides played out a goalless draw in Holland in the group stages with Liverpool winning the return 2-0.

They then met in the quarter-final with the Reds winning 3-0 in Holland and by a one-goal margin at Anfield.

Benitez said: "PSV are a different side with a different manager and many players since the last time we played them in Europe.

"Yes, we have beaten them at Anfield twice, but that is when things can be dangerous. People expect things to happen.

"The fact that PSV lost their opening group match to Atletico Madrid is also a problem for us. They have to get something here now and they will sit and defend and try to catch us on the counter-attack.

"Now when we are in a good situation, people are really happy, and everybody is expecting to see the team playing well and scoring goals.

"But I think it's more important to be concentrated, to be focused and keep on winning."

Liverpool, unbeaten this season, can all but end PSV's interest in the competition tonight.

But Benitez, who takes charge of his 250th Liverpool game, said: "When you are playing well and winning games, with everyone talking about how good you are, it is important to calm down and get people talking only about the next game.

"It is dangerous when you hear people talking well about your team, then we have to make sure we do not listen to what is being said but just concentrate on the future."

Steady lah Gerrard die die want to score his 100th goal for his beloved club, and 100th European Goal for Rafa....Rubbish Bin and Torres also wants to score badly...Dirty Kite against Holland team, good chance he might score too and Reirra, have a feeling he will score soon:lovegrin: so.......

HUAT AHH.....

~ LIVERPOOL ~

i oso wanna score!!! :cool:

i think dirty kite oso wanna score

most prob next season he will leave for hamburg liao to join martin jol. :bsmilie: YEAH!
rafa will still be around leh...how? hahaha...Selamat Hari Raya to all LFC fans out there...hope we'll have a good match..good result also tonite...

Selamat Hari Raya ~ All we need is that important 1st goal before 60min then the game will open up for more assault from Liverpool ;)

most prob next season he will leave for hamburg liao to join martin jol. :bsmilie: YEAH!

can ask him go when transfer window open in jan?

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and haf listed someone else as the last scorer.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

League Table

1). boresome 17pts
2). grumpy 12pts
3). domdomino 11pts
4). blazer workz 6pts
5). zhapchit 5pts
6). Taurean 5pts
7). jfoo 4pt
8). canew 4pt
9). cheesecake 4pts
10). airfins 3pts
11). roDz 1pt
12). dfstan 1pt
13). kelccm 1pt

01 Oct, 2008

champs league

ANFIELD!!!

12). 0-0 DRAW! zaren

rafa will still be around leh...how? hahaha...Selamat Hari Raya to all LFC fans out there...hope we'll have a good match..good result also tonite...

can ask him go when transfer window open in jan?

haha unfortunately next season both Rafa and Kuytie will still be around. How could they leave after Rafa brings us the League title and Kuytie becomes the MVP? ;)

haha unfortunately next season both Rafa and Kuytie will still be around. How could they leave after Rafa brings us the League title and Kuytie becomes the MVP? ;)
rafa's status will be on par with the other LFC managers who won us the league title...kuyt's value will rise...haha,how can jol afford kuyt then?

League Table

1). boresome 17pts
2). grumpy 12pts
3). domdomino 11pts
4). blazer workz 6pts
5). zhapchit 5pts
6). Taurean 5pts
7). jfoo 4pt
8). canew 4pt
9). cheesecake 4pts
10). airfins 3pts
11). roDz 1pt
12). dfstan 1pt
13). kelccm 1pt

01 Oct, 2008

champs league

ANFIELD!!!

12). 0-0 DRAW! zaren
13). 2-0 LIVERPOOL WIN!!! (Gerrard, Torres) Taurean

rafa's status will be on par with the other LFC managers who won us the league title...kuyt's value will rise...haha,how can jol afford kuyt then?
:thumbsup: is it at 2:45am tonight's game?

League Table

1). boresome 17pts
2). grumpy 12pts
3). domdomino 11pts
4). blazer workz 6pts
5). zhapchit 5pts
6). Taurean 5pts
7). jfoo 4pt
8). canew 4pt
9). cheesecake 4pts
10). airfins 3pts
11). roDz 1pt