Lingerie ad woes

Status
Not open for further replies.
kriegsketten said:
You're absolutely right! These are WORST! On the outside, they looked clean, proper upbringing and all... underneathe... corruption at the highest level...

You are right! :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Counter you back: The ladies know it.

Its Triumph. Duhhhhh. Its the men who don't. :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

We do... Hence the disappointment when we see the goods delivered are not as promised... :bsmilie:

And none of my pants are padded - while every bra sold here *is*.

We do... Hence the disappointment when we see the goods delivered are not as promised... :bsmilie:

And none of my pants are padded - while every bra sold here *is*.

Err... actually got such things as extension for the guys' ;)

Got one at Chinatown. Along Sth Bridge Rd opposite Hong Lim Complex. Should be that one ah.

Ironically, I saw the ad first with the very same friend who sent me these links. Lol!

NPNT :p

Ok I'll be really frank. As hot-blooded females as we can be, most of the time, we do not exactly stop in our tracks or steal glances at such underwear ads despite how gd-looking the models are.

We do, however, have double standards if the model is a fave male actor, football player, irregardless of whether for underwear ads (read: Ryan Reynolds for Hugo, Freddie Ljungberg, Wentworth Miller for Gap etc for me). :bigeyes: :heart::bigeyes:

Not sure if Uncle Sion wears a supertight undie, u steal a glance? :rolleyes:

Not sure if Uncle Sion wears a supertight undie, u steal a glance? :rolleyes:

:sweatsm:... i thought Sion is a sexy hot cougar... whom i address as Mistress Sion in RANDOM thread... until i found out Sion is an uncle in the EXPOSER thread.. LOL

Leong23 said:
You are right! :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Best of all is the ppl who take a simple discussion abt general matters to be something personal. Quite perturbing actually.

Here I am raising an example to convey points and opinions, and it is taken to be a commentary on parenting skills and discussion shifted to the woes of parenting. Next time use kitten and cat as example, ppl maybe can't identify so easily. Maybe I have failed to be sensitive :)

Last edited:
sfoto100 said:
i met alot of them. n of course u see alot of them on newspaper.. f**king disgusting... that's why i always like frank people.. people who speak freely from their mind.. even though i may kena from them.. but i know i they won't ambush me from behind..

This is OT. So if you find your significant others' parents unhygienic, your friend's wedding gown hideous although she is saying it is most beautiful you would tell them? If not, then perhaps it is too idealistic to shout out such statements quickly, since it is a fact that we are also bound by societal norms and expectations.

Does lingerie ad show women in right light?
Letter from Grace Leong 05:55 AM Feb 16, 2011

I saw a big lingerie advertisement near a bus stop along Pasir Ris Drive 1. It shows frontal view of a bigger-than-life semi-nude model, wearing only panties, her bare chest covered by her arms.

It is strategically located where there is good human traffic - at the bus stop, the traffic light and opposite a mall. It is a picture that is hard to miss.......

Those who walk past the billboard often encounter a sticky mess of super glue on the floor. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Last edited:
the fact that people are discussing whether the image is appropriate or not is disturbing..
IMO, it shows the immaturity of some people.. If we are mature enough, we would not see that as depiction of a sex object, but to show the beauty of a human being.. men and women, we are all beautiful, right? :)

i always see that advert as a nicely designed lingerie for the ladies, and in the back of my mind, "damn, must be expensive.. i can't buy that as a present for my girl.."

and all goes back to my pocket.. :confused:

Those who walk past the billboard often encounter a sticky mess of gluey substance on the floor. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

uncle sion having a bad flu, and ran around singapore, waiting for buses at every bus stop..
coincidentally, at the bus stops where the advert is placed.. :lovegrin:

bayusuputra said:
the fact that people are discussing whether the image is appropriate or not is disturbing..
IMO, it shows the immaturity of some people.. If we are mature enough, we would not see that as depiction of a sex object, but to show the beauty of a human being.. men and women, we are all beautiful, right? :)

i always see that advert as a nicely designed lingerie for the ladies, and in the back of my mind, "damn, must be expensive.. i can't buy that as a present for my girl.."

and all goes back to my pocket.. :confused:

It is a common syndrome today that people like to be offended. Salman Rushdie has this passage in Fury where he describes it somewhat as a desire to take a higher moral stand, to stand high above and shoot people down mercilessly.

When you think about it you can take offense at anything. A dirty toilet, a fly in a canteen, a girl who laughs too loud...

Sion said:
Just sent you a S size red supertight undie which I picked up from a cheap sale.

Please post photo when you put it on. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I also want why you don't love me anymore...

Status
Not open for further replies.