Linearstudios - Chill Out Fashion shoot on 22 May 05

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightwolf75

Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
really MORE diaper changes
thanks to brett for organising this chill-out shoot! totally relaxed and enjoyable, since there are only 3 of us shooting that day. din have to rush and got some time to try some new poses! :D

the model - Qi Hua (errr.... hope i got the spelling right). first time shooting her. very friendly and easy-going gal. think TCY and jeff49er will also agree with me that she really "pose-able", yah?? ;)

so, here's some sample pics i took. feel free to comment - but, pls, do me a favour and keep the comments to techniques, yah? i wish to know where i can do better, and i dun need the comments that the model is too fat, thin, messy hair, pimples, moles etc... etc...., ok?? :think:

Qi Hua - a close-up. she has the most amazing brown eyes, IMO.

CRW_9238.jpg

Qi Hua - a rock chick. just for the heck of it, i borrow brett's guitar for a prop. thot it turned out pretty well!

CRW_9247.jpg

Qi Hua - lady in black (Part 1). wats a fashion shoot without the little black dress..

CRW_9284.jpg

Qi Hua - lady in black (Part 2). borrowed a ladder for a prop.

CRW_9294.jpg

cheers! hope u enjoy the pics as much as i enjoyed taking them! :bsmilie:

Hhhmmm I din think of the ladder. I should have asked her to climb up :D

jeff49er said:
Hhhmmm I din think of the ladder. I should have asked her to climb up :D

haha... i think TCY did. at least, he asked her to climb up the first 2 rungs. now, if only he would show us the pics...... :think:

nightwolf75 said:
haha... i think TCY did. at least, he asked her to climb up the first 2 rungs. now, if only he would show us the pics...... :think:

Hmm...wonder if anyone thought of pole dancing, sizzling hot! Idea?

#1 could do with a tighter crop. think too much on the entire head and not enough focus on the face.

#2 works well with me. I like it but the direction might need to be skewed a little. Maybe shift a bit more to your left and take. The knee is cropped off on the side.

tmc17479 said:
#1 could do with a tighter crop. think too much on the entire head and not enough focus on the face.

#2 works well with me. I like it but the direction might need to be skewed a little. Maybe shift a bit more to your left and take. The knee is cropped off on the side.

hmmm.... yeah, now that u mentioned it. good point abt #1. shld i just focus on the face (with a bit of hair framing) and ignore the shoulders? i once did that on another shoot, and i felt the model's face 'exploded' when i saw it on my LCD. too skewed for my liking. :dunno: how to avoid that? i love to take close-ups, but still have yet to master doing it properly... :embrass:

#2 - oppsss... yup. pia seh. chopped off her knee. wasn't paying attention... again... sigh... :cry:

thanks for the comments! any more improvements? :sweat:

When did she use my guitar ? I think I was asleep is it ? LoL

Nice shots, I so love her eyes deep set n sexyyyyyyyyyyy

Brett said:
When did she use my guitar ? I think I was asleep is it ? LoL

Nice shots, I so love her eyes deep set n sexyyyyyyyyyyy

opppssss.... pai seh abt the guitar! couldn't resist it after TCY commented that, with her white top, she looked like some biker gal. so, i thot why not try taking a shot with the guitar?? almost wanted to add in ur mini-amp, but think it's attached to your speakers. :D

yup! #1 is my fav, even tho i agree with tmc17479's comments abt a tighter crop. mebber will do a cropping then blow it up 8R for my mini-portfolio. :think:

nightwolf75 said:
haha... i think TCY did. at least, he asked her to climb up the first 2 rungs. now, if only he would show us the pics......
wolf,

sorry about that, i don't scan my photos, but if you want next session i bring prints. only just sent my negatives in for processing, hope they turn out ok.

ps. jeff, i also went for allan's shoot on sunday, the one you commented on? will bring those also, that was one HOT babe... :lovegrin:

tingchiyen said:
wolf,

sorry about that, i don't scan my photos, but if you want next session i bring prints. only just sent my negatives in for processing, hope they turn out ok.

ps. jeff, i also went for allan's shoot on sunday, the one you commented on? will bring those also, that was one HOT babe... :lovegrin:

alright lah, bro! can't wait to see ur results! i still need a bit of touch-up b4 dispatching the CDs to brett to pass to qi hua. hopefully will burn another copy to show on sat too.

as for allan's model... heehee... any chance of 'poaching' her for us to shoot too? :lovegrin:

tingchiyen said:
wolf,

TCY

Yes i agree she is one hot babe :thumbsup: . If i had the chance to shoot her, she would look so hot in my pic u need shades :cool: ;)

hwchoy said:
I think can do without that black dress, too wishy washy. a simple short dress would be more elegant.

Unforunately none of us were in direct contact when she brought her "wardrobe" and we had to choose what was the best available.

I like a simple and yet elegant dress too. So when it came to my turn to shoot, I had to see from what angles i can shoot from.

Wof can take heart that perhaps he could shoot from another angle so that the pic would turn up nice - ie the pic makes her look better, sexier, to describe a few.

jeff49er said:
Unforunately none of us were in direct contact when she brought her "wardrobe" and we had to choose what was the best available.

I like a simple and yet elegant dress too. So when it came to my turn to shoot, I had to see from what angles i can shoot from.

Wof can take heart that perhaps he could shoot from another angle so that the pic would turn up nice - ie the pic makes her look better, sexier, to describe a few.

thanks for the vote of confidence, jeff49er! actually, hwchoy is right abt the black dress. i thot she looked good in it. however, my pics turned out to be pretty lifeless and flat. mebbe dun know how to capture a model in black yet. sigh... more shooting.... :cry:

Hey Wolf

U will def get a chance to shoot a woman in black this Sat. She has a simple and elegant figure huggning party dress.

She has fantastisch legs and whats more she is gonna enhance them with skin colored stockings. Check her out ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.