However, Benitez told Spanish paper Diario AS that he was planning to
keep Gerrard at Anfield.

He said: "We are preparing a special weightlifting plan for Gerrard's
shoulders because we want him to lift a lot of trophies for Liverpool in
the next few years

Cheesecake said:
wa say... so extreme!

just pray that he got 'duck's feet' can liao la! :bsmilie:

yes..loh. feel extremely tulan withi his departure for 8m and betrayed the fans for more than 1year..and if he go to play for MU..then die die must curse him..May be get his birthday detail written on a grass man...and whack the grass man hard hard with my soccer boots. :bsmilie:

wong_se said:
yes..loh. feel extremely tulan withi his departure for 8m and betrayed the fans for more than 1year..and if he go to play for MU..then die die must curse him..May be get his birthday detail written on a grass man...and whack the grass man hard hard with my soccer boots. :bsmilie:

can make one for me also? :bsmilie:

wong_se said:
i felt very betrayed too. just don't like to be taken as a fool and for a spin on the wild side. say one thing do the other. be a man and admit it, com'on!

if Stevie G is to say he wanna move on, then com'on! say it and Rafa will list u! surely no player's bigger than the club?? :sweat:

go LIVERPOOL!! :thumbsup:

I hope liverpool don't sign Andrew Johnson for 10m pound... too exp for a player that i would think will be like Kevin Philips... great for small team but flop at big stage.....then deteriorate....

Hmm.... maybe Liverpool can sign him to just teach the team how to take penalty kicks :p

kenshinz said:
Hmm.... maybe Liverpool can sign him to just teach the team how to take penalty kicks :p

i think ac milan needs him more then :bsmilie:

the point is that, andy johnson, peter crouch etc are all good players. but are we looking for first-team players or squad player? these guys may be pretty good but i don't see them ever becoming top-class players. what we need are at least a couple of top-class players in and a few promising players who has the potential to develop into top-level players. why replace baros with andy johnson? and if baros costs 8mil and johnson cost 2 mil more, is it good business? is johnson significantly better than baros? in some departments maybe slightly, certainly a better team player and hard working but not enough to justify the switch. baros is a full international and a key player for the czechs. he's played at the highest level (except world cup). to pay more for johnson than what baros costs is idiocy.
frankly, 30 mil doesn't go far these days...i'm keeping my fingers crossed :sweat:

giddygoat said:
the point is that, andy johnson, peter crouch etc are all good players. but are we looking for first-team players or squad player? these guys may be pretty good but i don't see them ever becoming top-class players. what we need are at least a couple of top-class players in and a few promising players who has the potential to develop into top-level players. why replace baros with andy johnson? and if baros costs 8mil and johnson cost 2 mil more, is it good business? is johnson significantly better than baros? in some departments maybe slightly, certainly a better team player and hard working but not enough to justify the switch. baros is a full international and a key player for the czechs. he's played at the highest level (except world cup). to pay more for johnson than what baros costs is idiocy.
frankly, 30 mil doesn't go far these days...i'm keeping my fingers crossed :sweat:

well said :thumbsup:

The new football club set up by disillusioned Manchester United fans has been accepted into the North West Counties League for next season.

FC United of Manchester will join the Second Division of the competition and are hoping to play their home games at Droylsden FC's Butcher's Arms Ground.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/4110578.stm

zhapchit said:
The new football club set up by disillusioned Manchester United fans has been accepted into the North West Counties League for next season.

FC United of Manchester will join the Second Division of the competition and are hoping to play their home games at Droylsden FC's Butcher's Arms Ground.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/4110578.stm
that's just too bad for MAN UTD.

eh, free publicity here ah??? :bsmilie:

giddygoat said:
Fully agreed with what you have said. IMHO, we don't really need a striker unless we intend to get rid of Baros... With Cisse, Morientes, Baros, Mellor and Pongolle... we are well covered in that dept provided they dun get injured like this season whereby 3 of them almost out for whole season and Morientes comes in only in Jan and cannot play in CL....

I rather we spend money on CD, RM etc where we are more deficient. If we can sign Milito, Malbranque and maybe 1 or 2 young players for the future, thats good enough for me already. No need to splash unneccesary cash.

If you really want a striker, why not sign Bellamy (provided he remains sane) or robbie keane (very good super sub)....

nemesis32 said:
Fully agreed with what you have said. IMHO, we don't really need a striker unless we intend to get rid of Baros... With Cisse, Morientes, Baros, Mellor and Pongolle... we are well covered in that dept provided they dun get injured like this season whereby 3 of them almost out for whole season and Morientes comes in only in Jan and cannot play in CL....

I rather we spend money on CD, RM etc where we are more deficient. If we can sign Milito, Malbranque and maybe 1 or 2 young players for the future, thats good enough for me already. No need to splash unneccesary cash.

If you really want a striker, why not sign Bellamy (provided he remains sane) or robbie keane (very good super sub)....

Well said. I never view 1 season striker ie Johnson , is good enough for Liverpool.

Bellamy and Keane had both signed a new contract with for the new club. Gone case.

we need a keeper, a CD, a RB, a mid and a LM or RM.

unless we sell a striker..then we need another one coming in.

well, there's saviola. he's a natural replacement for baros. or michael hanke or lucas podolski from germany. haven't seen kuyt play much so cannot say much. van hessellink looks decent too but only saw him in a few games.

but offhand, we need a centreback and a winger more. milito and malbranque, like nemesis said, would be fine additions. and maybe also bring in mark gonzales, whom rafa had apparently been looking at, young and promising. i'll still be hoping for deisler though, he's back from his problems and he will find it hard to get his place in bayern back from sweinsteiger. probably no money but i really think julio baptista would be a good player for the EPL.

Saviola is a good signing... provided baros leave. Too many similar size/type player also no use. Van Hessellink seems like a decent striker with good heading ability as well....

As for Deisler, his problem is not the talent but the mind. If he can motivate himself, he shd have no prob getting into most teams' 1st 11.

think deisler's back leh. cos he was playing for germany in the confederations cup was he not? good crosser. we need someone who can cross. riise is good for charging into the box but his crosses.... don't even ask me about garcia's crosses.
anyway, don't see the need for a striker unless baros leaves. i actually kinda hope he does because he is pretty good but somehow never understood how to play with the team. but only if we can get at least 8 mil and a quality replacement. actually, i wonder why only 8 mil. if andy johnson is 10mil, it's a joke that baros isn't at least 11 mil

giddygoat said:
think deisler's back leh. cos he was playing for germany in the confederations cup was he not? good crosser. we need someone who can cross. riise is good for charging into the box but his crosses.... don't even ask me about garcia's crosses.
anyway, don't see the need for a striker unless baros leaves. i actually kinda hope he does because he is pretty good but somehow never understood how to play with the team. but only if we can get at least 8 mil and a quality replacement. actually, i wonder why only 8 mil. if andy johnson is 10mil, it's a joke that baros isn't at least 11 mil

Andy Johnson will cost more cos he is a local boy la. Local boys cost/worth more in England.

afbug said:
Andy Johnson will cost more cos he is a local boy la. Local boys cost/worth more in England.

yah, noticed that trend. maybe cos he brings his own house? i still think that baros is worth at least as much as andy johnson. local or not

giddygoat said:
yah, noticed that trend. maybe cos he brings his own house? i still think that baros is worth at least as much as andy johnson. local or not

It is because last time, they have this foreigner restriction. Now they still do but these days, they have the EU and EU are not considered foreigner. Those outside the EU are foreigners.

Andy's value shot up because of his exploits last season in a very weak team. Not easy to score so many goals in a weak team. Plus he is in the England set-up.

No doubt Baros is an establish footballer. Very good one. Golden boot. But if you ask me if he can score as much goals as Andy did in C.Palace, I will have some doubts.

Both players has his strength and weakness. It is up the buying club to judge his value.

3 weeks to go....

UEFA have seeded Liverpool for the first qualifying round of the Champions League and will have a draw on Friday to determine the Reds opposition. They face the possibility of a nightmare trip to Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan or Armenia as they start the defence of their Champions League crown on July 12/13

Status
Not open for further replies.