LF Outing : Bukit Brown Morning Shoot Sunday 20 Nov 730am

is that Des T at the furthest right end of the jetty jerking for tamban? :bsmilie:
This one iphone pic lah... bluff me~

No iphone lah. Gong Yuan 135 B&W, has been a long time.

Jon, jokes aside, when are we gona go for an LF shoot? I think the last time we shot together was at Kusu island with some TLRs almost a decade ago! This saturday sunset on bo?

More than that. About 11 years or more.

If you want to shoot sunset, where?

Bro Low, sorry for the OT. This is my old photo buddy cum fishing buddy.

one of the reservoirs? after the usual afternoon rain, the mist and the fish will come out. Have been going to Mandai for fishing and will always see folks with DSLRs shooting... of course everyone else is welcome to join us.

Which spot in Mandai? Do we need to bash thru like commando?

We took the sun set pictures recently. The reserviour keeper chased us away because of the recent spooky serial suicide cases in Bedok reserviour.

glad u 2 buddies found each other again.

i was impressed by lualua 4x5 setup..now it reconfirm that we need 2 LF cams. one heavy and one light :)

glad u 2 buddies found each other again.
i was impressed by lualua 4x5 setup..now it reconfirm that we need 2 LF cams. one heavy and one light :)

This guy has 10+ years experience on LF. Any questions on what to buy can ask him. ;)

I read thru several Large Format books, and many use the Toho portable large format setup.
Lenses recommended are:
Schneider 65mm F8*
Schneider 75mm F8*
Schneider 90mm F6.8 Augulon*
Schneider 135mm F4.7*
Kodak Ektar 135mm F4.7
Kodak Ektar 203mm F7.7*
The ones in * are the ones I collected and proven to be useful and also good for 6X9.

The heavy one more for studio. Lenses in the F5.6 range when in Copal 0 still weighs a lot. Big no no for trekking.
If you still keep the Toyo VX, can consider that path.

By the way, did you guys climb up the hill to shoot Ong Sam Leong's grave?

Last edited:
This is very nice... well done.

this one was captured using my digicam LX3.. burned and toned in PS. i did captured a shot on using 4x5 Ilford HP5 but i think i forgot to stop down the aperture yet again.

i love the light at that time at this spot. Joggers are running up and down the track and you can choose to include them to balance the graves seen on the right. Riders and their horses from the Polo club can also been seen taking a walk down the different tracks.

We should go again. Yesterday we just follow the main track and walk all the way to Calecott Andrew Rd there so i could not see any of the grand tombs.

this one was captured using my digicam LX3.. burned and toned in PS. i did captured a shot on using 4x5 Ilford HP5 but i think i forgot to stop down the aperture yet again.

You have captured the mood. Very nice shot, regardless of camera, even though LX3 is great.

I feel like going back next week,setup my shot and just wait for the horses to trot by to get them in frame

I'm game if home affairs approve.

I carry a nikkor 135f5.6 and a Schneider 210f9 repro claron with the toho. The 210 can do macro as well and is smaller than any 210 out there. It's lighter than a hassy setup. But one thing we canot save on is the tripod, u'd need a sturdy tripod with a good head if u want good shots but that's only my opinion.

I tested my Cpe2 kit last night and it still moves! Ready to rock and roll folks!

I carry a nikkor 135f5.6 and a Schneider 210f9 repro claron with the toho. The 210 can do macro as well and is smaller than any 210 out there. It's lighter than a hassy setup. But one thing we canot save on is the tripod, u'd need a sturdy tripod with a good head if u want good shots but that's only my opinion.

I tested my Cpe2 kit last night and it still moves! Ready to rock and roll folks!

Have to agree with you about the tripod 100%. But many continue to think about the lens and format holder... Another thing I have to highlight will be a good loupe. The rest are mostly standard and varies on your shooting more.

So how, shoot sunset or not?

Have to agree with you about the tripod 100%. But many continue to think about the lens and format holder... Another thing I have to highlight will be a good loupe. The rest are mostly standard and varies on your shooting more.

Your wood tripod is the KING..... but you have to slog like a Mortar man crew.

Your wood tripod is the KING..... but you have to slog like a Mortar man crew.

I was in the Mortar platoon, the bipod was damn heavy.

Will try to develop the slides tonight! Thanks wootsk for the tip on keeping the slides.

The tougher the journey, the sweeter it taste when the reward comes. :)

after a few more shooting outings, we should have a prints/slides appreciation gathering to taste the rewards.
pls bring lightboxes and loupes!! or who has 4x5 projector?

after a few more shooting outings, we should have a prints/slides appreciation gathering to taste the rewards.

Shadowleong has 4X5 Projector = LAPTOP in WHITE background.

Anyway, the old days TLR guys use the top lens of the TLR to project the slides.

Can we remove the two darkslides and place film in the holder, remove ground glass, then project using LED light source on LF?

Last edited:

Use an enlarger or your camera to project also can. Add an enlarging lens.

I try to persuade my mum to let more guest of around 7 people to my place. We can use the light table at my place for sharing all the sheet films we have taken throughout the years.:) (So it will be a EOY sharing 2011) We should be sharing more of the unglam photos where we made mistakes here and there so as to learn from them.