Lexar 2 gig (80x) with D200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinjianc

Mar 29, 2004
Morning guys,
Any idea that the Lexar 2gig having problem with D200? Try shooting at "CH", later its show me "CHR" on the top LCD panel. I have send in to nikon service centre to have the CF base changed. But the problem still came back again.

Any guys came across this? Need help!! Thanks !:(

Kinjianc said:
Morning guys,
Any idea that the Lexar 2gig having problem with D200? Try shooting at "CH", later its show me "CHR" on the top LCD panel. I have send in to nikon service centre to have the CF base changed. But the problem still came back again.

Tried >4 pieces of 2GB on a D100, no issues known.

espn said:

Thanks ESPN! U r fast!

But could it be D200 only? I have tried searching on other forum, but no answer to it.sign..

Kinjianc said:
Thanks ESPN! U r fast!

But could it be D200 only? I have tried searching on other forum, but no answer to it.sign..
Doubt it, more like a card problem to me. Try contacting Convergent and/or MemoryWorld for help. Meanwhile, get another piece of 2GB Lexar and try again.

longkangman said:
Try contact the memroy supplier and see what can they do to you. :dunno:

Thanks longkangman..Will try to call the supply later & see how its goes.

Kinjianc said:
Morning guys,

I had a similar problem but not with Lexar. I was using a 4GB Sony Compact Vault and gave me the same CHA or CHR. Have you tried using your Lexar card on other electronic stuff like a card reader? Able to read? Mine does not read anywhere. :dunno:

I wonder if it has anything to do with 4GB. Maybe too large? I know the Sony Compact Vault is not one of those cards on the compatibility list though. :think:

eugeneceh said:
I had a similar problem but not with Lexar. I was using a 4GB Sony Compact Vault and gave me the same CHA or CHR. Have you tried using your Lexar card on other electronic stuff like a card reader? Able to read? Mine does not read anywhere. :dunno:

I tried on my D70 & card reader, all seems perfect. But just happened on D200. Taking single shots still ok, once u start taking contiuous shoots, the "CHA" appeared. Can u imagine when u r taking wedding dinner!! :eek:

Kinjianc said:
I tried on my D70 & card reader, all seems perfect. But just happened on D200. Taking single shots still ok, once u start taking contiuous shoots, the "CHA" appeared. Can u imagine when u r taking wedding dinner!! :eek:

does it just hang there or resumes operation after a couple of secs? if its the latter, then it could be ur d200 flushing its buffer. if its the former.... time for u to make a trip to Convergent Media... :sweat:

nightwolf75 said:
does it just hang there or resumes operation after a couple of secs? if its the latter, then it could be ur d200 flushing its buffer. if its the former.... time for u to make a trip to Convergent Media... :sweat:

mmm... but if it works normally for the D70 and card reader, can you ask convergent media to change it? They will test on the spot and show you it is working what.

wind30 said:
mmm... but if it works normally for the D70 and card reader, can you ask convergent media to change it? They will test on the spot and show you it is working what.
PRO comment :thumbsup:

nightwolf75 said:

After a few secs it resumes to "CHA" only. Have to turn the camera off & on to resume the shooting.
Btw, may know where is the convergent media? Any web site to read on it?

espn said:

Think it's different. Most of the problems with Lexar card seems to happen only on the newer DSLRs with faster I/O modules. It could be some incompatibility problem of the Lexars with the newer write speeds.

Kinjianc said:
After a few secs it resumes to "CHA" only. Have to turn the camera off & on to resume the shooting.
Btw, may know where is the convergent media? Any web site to read on it?

hmmm... try getting another CF card of a similar size (mebbe Sandisk Ultra II) and test? if there's no problem with the other card, perhaps it could be the lexar dats the problem.

anyway, there are some known issues with certain batches of lexar CF cards. i believe the threads are still in consumer sub-forum.

eugeneceh said:
I wonder if it has anything to do with 4GB. Maybe too large? I know the Sony Compact Vault is not one of those cards on the compatibility list though. :think:

I am running a Transcend 4GB 120X speed CF on my D200 with zero problems. It costs me about $212 at memory-world.

nightwolf75 said:
hmmm... try getting another CF card of a similar size (mebbe Sandisk Ultra II) and test? if there's no problem with the other card, perhaps it could be the lexar dats the problem.

anyway, there are some known issues with certain batches of lexar CF cards. i believe the threads are still in consumer sub-forum.

Thanks again, will try look into the forum. will update again.

I am using the D200 with the 2G 80X so far no issue...Got mine from John..could it be a problem with some batch?

Status
Not open for further replies.