Let there be light

Status
Not open for further replies.

estronutz

Feb 14, 2006
星尬波
as I was walking home one night, I decided to play with the shutter speed of my cam. All are lightings from HDB flats and some cars. I think someone should've done this before, but here's my take :)

Any feedback / comments ?

light4.jpg

light3.jpg

light2.jpg

light1.jpg

estronutz said:
as I was walking home one night, I decided to play with the shutter speed of my cam. All are lightings from HDB flats and some cars.

huh? u mean the lights fr the HDB flats were moving? or did u move ur cam as u took the pic? paiseh if i'm asking a silly question.. very new in this field.

I moved my cam in circles and random actions (okay, I looked pretty much like some crazy guy shaking him cam).

So instead of the light trails u get from moving cars .. you get this from stationary HDB flats lightings :) hope this helps.

Anyway I don't think i'm in anyway better or more pro than u ... no question's too silly ya ?;p

I like picture #3 the best!! It's nice and has a smoothing effect on me.. Haha.. Infact tried in some time ago, and you're right, ppl like look like you like you're some nuts.. :bsmilie:

Less overblown white would be better. More of the other colors would show through.

wildstallion said:
1 and 2 look way too cluttered and messy, number 3 is poorly composed, i dont like it at the top, but the light looks cool in it and number 4 is nice, think it works well

hmmm thanks for your comments ... guess its subjective ya ... :)

biggulp said:
Less overblown white would be better. More of the other colors would show through.

thanks ... I'm actually experimenting here ... still haven't figured a way to capture lots of colour .. but not so over exposed ... newbie mah ..:D

wildstallion said:
1 and 2 look way too cluttered and messy, number 3 is poorly composed, i dont like it at the top, but the light looks cool in it and number 4 is nice, think it works well

I quite agree with wildstation. I've done this 20 years back when I first got my manual SLR Canon AE1 with 50mm lens. Looks quite cool when I took pictures of the HDB flats nearby. Sometimes less is more...and it does look nice too.

Joecool said:
I quite agree with wildstation. I've done this 20 years back when I first got my manual SLR Canon AE1 with 50mm lens. Looks quite cool when I took pictures of the HDB flats nearby. Sometimes less is more...and it does look nice too.

Wah ... 20 years back ... i'm still sucking my pacifier ... haha

Status
Not open for further replies.