let guess the price of 42.5mm nocticorn and who want to get it?

are you interested?

Results are only viewable after voting.

iPhone+PPE+-+21

hmm, it's actually rather small and probably lighter than voigtlander 42.5/0,95, with the leica branding this won't be cheap lens.

The lens had arrived in SG?! How was it priced?

For 75mm the actual aperture size is 75/1.8=41.6mm. Whereas for 42.5 is 42.5/1.2=35.4mm. And the 45mm aperture would be 45/1.8=25mm. In terms of bokeh, the 75mm is definitely superior couple with its long FOV. My guess is it would be price between the 2 Olympus. About Sgd999?

Whereas for choice of the 3. I'm actually looking forward for this lens. 75mm (it is probably not about stalking la) actually is very neat for modelling shot. 45 and 42.5 would be much usable especially for kids portraiture. Between the 2, 1.2 is really significant compared to 1.8.

Then the upcoming 150mm/f2.8 = 55.6mm will get even better bokeh ?
http://www.43rumors.com/ft2-panasonics-150mm-f2-8-to-cost-2500-around-e3000/

But what do you use a 150mm prime lens for ? To shoot the birds on top of the tree ?

Thanks

Last edited:
Then the upcoming 150mm/f2.8 = 55.6mm will get even better bokeh ?
http://www.43rumors.com/ft2-panasonics-150mm-f2-8-to-cost-2500-around-e3000/

But what do you use a 150mm prime lens for ? To shoot the birds on top of the tree ?

Thanks

Last time old school real photographers use big aperture lens (or fast lens) because they needed the speed because the fastest decent film they have is ISO 400/800, if pushed development maybe ISO 1600. Nowadays camera users need big aperture for the bokeh..... Bokeh is a term used by the Japanese. I have yet to see an English term used by English speaking community to such an excessive extent. I am not sureif this is just another marketing technique from certain Japanese camera makers.

How come there are photos available when it's not even released ? Those must be test set ?

Simple. Some companies are known to leak information of yet to launch products to create the hype over a period of time. By the time it is launched, the demand created by these leaks will help drive sales. Why do you think Panasonic release information of this lens early this year (or late 2012)?

Some leaks are intentional while some are illegal. The most secretive company in recent years is Apple when Steve Jobs is still around, while the company which intentionally leaks the most information to kill off competition is Samsung smartphone division.

If this was shot wide open, the middle sharpness is not that bad, within acceptable range. What's the deal with those weird artifact-looking stuff around his shoulders? Too sharp edged to be cluster of out of focused objects... Hmm....

Last edited:
Looks like you are really smitten by the lens. I think it is an itch that you should scratch.

Actually I am still considering the Voigtlander 42.5mm against this.

If price is not the matter, I think the Panasonic should have better glass...

Too bad the aperture ring only works on Panasonic bodies...

hmm.. its larger, heavier than the 75/1.8 with a substantial price.

Price wise its high with an aperture ring that only works on Pana bodies & its f1.2 vs f0.95 on the Voigtlander 42.5.

I'd get the Voigtlander 42.5/0.95 if i ever plan to upgrade from the 45/1.8. :)