lense for macro shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

hstn_asia

Oct 6, 2004
Jurong West
hi everyone,

it's me again (recently seemed to post quite a bit. ;p ). Need advice again. I am considering getting a macro lense, but don't really have much idea. Which one should I get? (budget constraint)

1. Sigma - 50mm f2.8 EX Macro OR
2. Sigma - 70-300mmF4-5.6 DL MACRO SUPER

will this "Sigma 70-300mmF4-5.6 DL MACRO SUPER" good enough for Macro shot or should I really get the macro lense? Price diff is quite a lot though. :sweat:

Thank you everyone...

I have not used these 2 lens before so cannot compare the quality

Usually the prime lens has better quality than tele zoom

hstn_asia said:
hi everyone,

it's me again (recently seemed to post quite a bit. ;p ). Need advice again. I am considering getting a macro lense, but don't really have much idea. Which one should I get? (budget constraint)

1. Sigma - 50mm f2.8 EX Macro OR
2. Sigma - 70-300mmF4-5.6 DL MACRO SUPER

will this "Sigma 70-300mmF4-5.6 DL MACRO SUPER" good enough for Macro shot or should I really get the macro lense? Price diff is quite a lot though. :sweat:

Thank you everyone...

Basic question ....... what Macro you want to take? :D ....

Reproduction? Insect? Still object? Flowers? etc etc?

Anyway, for the budget constrainted 70-300 should be good enough, the quality is not as half as good as a 50mm f/2.8 though.

I think the 50/2.8's optical quality is a world ahead of the 70-300. If you intend to do some serious macro work the 50/2.8 is probably the better option.

Tried the 50mm Macro and its a sharp lens when stopped down from f3.5 onwards...

hi everyone, thanks for your suggestion.

mainly wanted to use it for flowers and insects. Do you think 70-300 is enough? 50mm is quite costly for me...

And do you think this 70-300mm MACRO SUPER from Sigma is considered ok?

hehehe... after picking up this hobby and started to realize that everything is $$$$$ ;(

wat bout poring in wee bit more money got the tamron 90mm macro....heard its quite good....

Witness said:
wat bout poring in wee bit more money got the tamron 90mm macro....heard its quite good....
how much is this baby?

u can see the discussion in the nikon section

so far we can get is ard $550+ bah..

seems lots of pple intersted but dunno if anyone doing a MO or not

Status
Not open for further replies.