Lens without a box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebastian987

Mar 26, 2007
I have got an offer from a shop saying they could sell me first hand lens but without a box at a cheaper price. is it a second hand lens. or is there such a thing in the market?

I have got an offer from a shop saying they could sell me first hand lens but without a box at a cheaper price. is it a second hand lens. or is there such a thing in the market?

It could occur if the lens you are looking at is a kit lens that is bundled with some camera body. The shop split it up for sale, therefore, no box.

Be careful, can be 2nd hand. The box doesn't cost anything, it's silly to offer cheaper price with the reason "no box included". Most important: warranty card. if you get international card and it matches the lens (serial) then it's fine. If they offer only shop warranty then it sounds strange.

Be careful, can be 2nd hand. The box doesn't cost anything, it's silly to offer cheaper price with the reason "no box included". Most important: warranty card. if you get international card and it matches the lens (serial) then it's fine. If they offer only shop warranty then it sounds strange.

They only offer shop warranty . Its not a kit lens in fact i was looking for tamron 17-50 2.8 . It sounded strange to me but the price is attractive. Just wanted some advice from you guys for it?

most probably it is a 2nd hand mint condition lens, or someone returned it for a new one due to some fault and this was sent to repair.

most probably it is a 2nd hand mint condition lens, or someone returned it for a new one due to some fault and this was sent to repair.

Would there be such a thing as they ordered in bulk and would not have the box? or would there be any way i can find out if the lens is a 1st hand or a 2nd hand lens?

Would there be such a thing as they ordered in bulk and would not have the box? or would there be any way i can find out if the lens is a 1st hand or a 2nd hand lens?
even in bulk, box will be there. as for checking, i don really think so especially so if they only offer shop warranty instead of the warranty from manufacturer.

even in bulk, box will be there. as for checking, i don really think so especially so if they only offer shop warranty instead of the warranty from manufacturer.

Guess nothing good is cheap nowadays =]

Never heard of... Wun tk the rick if i were u.

WHen you say cheaper, how much cheaper are we talking about. I woudn't mind taking the lens if it really much cheaper and provided I can a thorough test before accepting it.

guess i will just take the 620 offer. Since the difference is not worth the risk

some of these shops might have hand carried these lens back, and boxes were too big for their luggages.
just ask if they have more than 1 copy...
if its the only 17-50 in the shop..and doesnt come with boxes...just be prepared that it might be a used mint copy.

some of these shops might have hand carried these lens back, and boxes were too big for their luggages.
just ask if they have more than 1 copy...
if its the only 17-50 in the shop..and doesnt come with boxes...just be prepared that it might be a used mint copy.

Yup, it is a lousy excuse to say that they ship in one carton of lenses all stacked up on one another wrapped in its so called original 1/2mm thick plastic bags.

They make more by touting it as brand new with unfilled warranty cards.

i know what shop you talking about. I bought my 17-50 2.8 there last weekend.

they do provide 1yr shop warranty though.. cause i was suspicious no warranty card but didnt ask so much. for that price, you get 1yr shop warranty compared to no warranty from 2nd hand sellers.

the price is $560 1yr shop warranty

Is the shop you're talking about by any chance located at Peninsular S C?

Is the shop you're talking about by any chance located at Peninsular S C?

i always confuse which is which lolz.. all i can say its within cathay peninsular distance

*hint must cross road* hint *

but ok lah... i manged to test till i happy then bought . wonderful lens

I think I know which shop you are referring to already.;)

alamak.. u all just hint hint to each other but leave the rest of us dumbfounded.. tell lah.. then let those who are interested go find it and those who dont avoid it.. what if i fall for that same trick!! help help.. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.