Lens to recommend.

Well, i think lens are worth investing into. No pt investing into lens that are inferior cos they are here to stay as long as we are still in this hobby.

Jus making sure that my hard-earn $ is well-spent on e correct/worthy stuffs. But definitely 55-200 will be my range.

Thanks alot guys for e recommendation. Hav to do more homework b4 i put my $ on e table. Hahahah.

might as well u invest in the 70-200 f4 IS

might as well u invest in the 70-200 f4 IS

you know the price for 70-200 f4L IS, can buy how many 55-250 IS or not???

Its a dream!!! (= Hahahah.

My standard havent reach the point whereby i need this exquisite lens.
But im sure most of the experts out there layed their hands on that.

you know the price for 70-200 f4L IS, can buy how many 55-250 IS or not???

Bro Akerue is saving you money. Think about it, after using the 55-250 you want better IQ and longer range. Then you sell the 55-250 and go for 70-300 IS. Then you crave for better IQ and sell the 70-300 IS and buy the 70-200/4 IS. Then you miss the longer range, so you buy a TC. Then you suddenly realize that after fitting a TC, your effective aperture becomes much smaller and you have difficultly getting shutter speeds fast enough, and that you have problems getting focus lock somehow. You somehow figure out that a 70-200/2.8 IS will solve this problem. And you rationalize that on top of getting a lens that will work on a TC, it will also work well as a portrait lens. So you sold the 70-200/4 and bought the 70-200/2.8 IS finally...

Last edited:
Another thing to note is the weight though.. From a few hundred grams to a couple of kilos lugging around haha

Bro Akerue is saving you money. Think about it, after using the 55-250 you want better IQ and longer range. Then you sell the 55-250 and go for 70-300 IS. Then you crave for better IQ and sell the 70-300 IS and buy the 70-200/4 IS. Then you miss the longer range, so you buy a TC. Then you suddenly realize that after fitting a TC, your effective aperture becomes much smaller and you have difficultly getting shutter speeds fast enough, and that you have problems getting focus lock somehow. You somehow figure out that a 70-200/2.8 IS will solve this problem. And you rationalize that on top of getting a lens that will work on a TC, it will also work well as a portrait lens. So you sold the c70-200/4 and bought the 70-200/2.8 IS finally...

Hahaha. Realised this the game is only the rich. I've to agree to what bro Akerue n u said.

I believed my skills havent reach the stage whereby i can convince myself that i deserve the 70-200/4 and 70-200/2.8 IS yet (=

But i will take your advises for future use.

55-250 2nd hand see if you are lucky to get a good copy at $200. Even if you upgrade I believe the $200 would have been worth getting the 55-250.

18-200 is not that bad either unlike what many would say, the only thing that bothers me is the distortion between 18 - 24mm.