Lens storage in dry cabin

LUMIXMAN

Oct 11, 2009
Singapore
Would like to know from the seniors and the pros - how do you store your lenses in your dry cabins; do you place them vertical or horizontal? If vertical, does your lens front faces down? Is there a particular position for the best storage of lenses? I am asking this particularly for the heavier lenses and for lenses that are stored over longer period of time in the dry cabin. Would appreciate comments and feed back from the experts here - Thanks.

If I have nt been doing it wrongly for the whole lot of time...then it shd be vertically, facing down...:)

PS:I'm juz a hobbyist...

Used to keep horizontally as that is the most stable position.

Now with the ever increasing collection of gears, keep vertical, keeping the front down TO SAVE SPACE in digicabi!!!

Used to keep horizontally as that is the most stable position.

Now with the ever increasing collection of gears, keep vertical, keeping the front down TO SAVE SPACE in digicabi!!!

actually not onli save space...it is more to prevent possible uneven distribution of lubricant in lens if put horizontally for a long time...to face down is to prevent back flow of lubricant to the aperture blades...

Hi guys, thanks for the input. Personally, I store my lenses vertical too - front down. Wonder why lens maker never have a mention on storage except to state - store in dry condition away from heat - ????

It doesn't matter... I do it either... Never bother to note which position etc.

If the lubricant can flow towards the aperture blades does this mean it can also flow towards the lens?

hmm i dont think there's any difference,
if lubricant really flows down to the blade, then i guess it's more of a design flaw?
btw oil in blades seems to only happen on manual lens (this is based on my limited experience)

i used to put them face down, but now since i'm lazy to remove the hoods and reverse them, i put them face up with the hoods attached