Lens pen to clean sensor and mirrior?

First get a dust blower. Then hold your camera such that when you use the dust blower or pressurized air can the dirt falls out of the lens mount. in other words hold the camera in one hand slightly above your head in front of you. So when you blow air into it what ever loose dirt/sand falls out of the lens mount opening. If you're not sure send it in to the camera service centre. These things are delicate and if you damage them (mirror and/or sensor) you'll have to replace it. Ask the service center tech to show you how to clean it safely.

Ask the service center tech to show you how to clean it safely.

Sorry for thread digging. But I think it is impossible. Its like breaking their own rice bowl if they do teach the owners how to DIY sensor cleaning. :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

Sorry for thread digging. But I think it is impossible. Its like breaking their own rice bowl if they do teach the owners how to DIY sensor cleaning. :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

not really, service centre techs not exactly primary job to clean sensors........

the big money comes when they have to repair cameras etc, and don't think they are comm based. but maybe i am wrong.

not really, service centre techs not exactly primary job to clean sensors........

the big money comes when they have to repair cameras etc, and don't think they are comm based. but maybe i am wrong.

I also think so. While attending a camera event recently, talked to their guys and he also tell me, "sensors not that sensitive, coz of the AA filter in front so can clean ownself one".

I think maybe secretly he's hoping will really damage something then they can charge more :bsmilie:

I also think so. While attending a camera event recently, talked to their guys and he also tell me, "sensors not that sensitive, coz of the AA filter in front so can clean ownself one".

I think maybe secretly he's hoping will really damage something then they can charge more :bsmilie:

well, i was very scared when i first cleaned my sensor a few years back for the first time....

i think once you start doing it yourself you'll realise that it's really not that hard. you need to be really, really careless, e.g. sneezing INTO the camera for example...

or the classic one, someone who couldn't be bothered to be more careful and wrapped a pec pad around a screwdriver to act as a sensor swab. this one, i think, deserves to have a scratched sensor. :bsmilie::bsmilie:

at least 50 cleanings on, i haven't done anything very bad other than leave streaks. and i don't even use a pec pad. ;)

well, i was very scared when i first cleaned my sensor a few years back for the first time....

i think once you start doing it yourself you'll realise that it's really not that hard. you need to be really, really careless, e.g. sneezing INTO the camera for example...

or the classic one, someone who couldn't be bothered to be more careful and wrapped a pec pad around a screwdriver to act as a sensor swab. this one, i think, deserves to have a scratched sensor. :bsmilie::bsmilie:

at least 50 cleanings on, i haven't done anything very bad other than leave streaks. and i don't even use a pec pad. ;)

care to share wad brand of cotton buds you use to clean yr sensor bro ? i realised that s5pro very prone to dust in cam....or is it me?? i got mine cleaned and within 3weeks i got visible detections again.......

so the summary is use a icecream stick or such as/and sensor swab and use pec pad w/eclipse solution to clean sensor... how abt mirror and focusing screen? i actually use a micro fiber cloth to slowly trap the dust with minimal contact.