Lens for wedding photography..

Great feedback really appreciate it but if u said that one been invited n just njoy the banquet I wondering when will he/she be able to practise or train if one wanted to be a wedding photographer... But I agree the part where that he/she have to be carefully when taking shoot to prevent from distracting the main photographer...

If you want to practice and learn, you might be better off joing a photography course. And if you are really very interested, don't take a camera to the wedding and start shooting off. Obvious what the primary photographer/s is/ are doing and ask them question if you are not sure and they are free.

Then look at your friends wedding photos, and think of what you like about these photos, what the primary photographer did that hit that spot.

If you are too busy shooting your camera... you won't have the time to look and learn from the professionals.

It's the same :)

If you have a good degree, high-paid job, car loan, housing loan, credit card debts to pay, kids/parents/wife to feed, will you quit your job to learn from zero and become a full time professional photographer(without CPF, insurance, medicine covered)?

a successful artist may still not be able to bring enough bread onto the table.
a successful professional will bring home the beacon....
just my 2 cents...

artist focuses on his creation, refining his skills and molding intangible value, beauty and idea into it....most of the motivation comes from within...
professional focuses on doing an excellent job and getting paid well for it...most of the motivation comes from outside...
just my h.o.

ps... maybe you can be a professional artist.... how will be gonna be then.

Anyone tried the 24f1.4 on a crop for weddings..? :bsmilie:

eleveninth said:
i usuallly use 14L 24L 35L 50L 85L 100L 135L 200L 400L. to cover everything. you should get them all too if u wanna become pro. :)

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: then for me I just need one macro lens. :p

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: then for me I just need one macro lens. :p

Well... make that 100L lens the macro lens (EF 100mm f2.8L HIS lens)... and it is a HIS lens and not a HER lens, so... Hmmm...

rhino123 said:
Well... make that 100L lens the macro lens (EF 100mm f2.8L HIS lens)... and it is a HIS lens and not a HER lens, so... Hmmm...

Aiya its ok la. People also call me uncle on this forum Liao.... :bsmilie: don't need to be so particular la hor

180L also good. :p

a successful artist may still not be able to bring enough bread onto the table.
a successful professional will bring home the beacon....
just my 2 cents...

artist focuses on his creation, refining his skills and molding intangible value, beauty and idea into it....most of the motivation comes from within...
professional focuses on doing an excellent job and getting paid well for it...most of the motivation comes from outside...
just my h.o.

ps... maybe you can be a professional artist.... how will be gonna be then.

Being an artist but no professionalism or being a professional but no artistic vision will not go further.

Besides talents, hard work, passion, determinations, there are also other factors like networking, marketing, management, healthy body, sufficient capitals, branding, personalities, R&D, etc that are equally important in this extremely competitive field. To work as a full time photographer/artist/professional, if the portfolios and services are no different to those "weekend warriors" who are charging minimal for part-time income without worrying to cover their living cost, it's very unlikely that you can push up your pricings for a better living in long term.

Last edited:
tweakmax111 said:
Try use a kit lens to shoot wedding la and prove me wrong... talk so much big theory

FYI he IS a wedding photographer.... :sweatsm::sweatsm:

tweakmax111 said:
clap clap... show off?

I think you should try to contribute to this forum instead of going around the forum making antagonistic comments. Especially to a moderator. I find that a bit rude. No one was rude to you yet. :think:

School stressing you out bro?

I think you should try to contribute to this forum instead of going around the forum making antagonistic comments. Especially to a moderator. I find that a bit rude. No one was rude to you yet. :think:

School stressing you out bro?

point taken. Moderator are treated equally, is there a need for special treatment to them?

tweakmax111 said:
point taken. Moderator are treated equally, is there a need for special treatment to them?

No need for special treatment, but just suggest you don't provoke the people that are taking care of this forum as a basic respect la hor? :)

flick of a finger and he is gone... like a booger freshly dug out.. LOL.

daredevil123 said:
flick of a finger and he is gone... like a booger freshly dug out.. LOL.

Chua tio!! :bigeyes: :bsmilie:

daredevil123 said:
24/1.8 count or not ar?

Hmmm. Maybe? U using this ah bro?

Was curious cos they mounted the 1dx with that so I kinda got poisoned... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :sweatsm:

Chua tio!! :bigeyes: :bsmilie:

Hmmm. Maybe? U using this ah bro?

Was curious cos they mounted the 1dx with that so I kinda got poisoned... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :sweatsm:

Wanna try let me know... but aiyoh.. you and me different mount.. LOL

tweakmax111 said:

Is it the same tweakmax? Haha

daredevil123 said:
Wanna try let me know... but aiyoh.. you and me different mount.. LOL

I have the adapter mount. Lol. Or else next time I play with your camera when you have the lens with you.

I just attended a wedding and saw the main photographer using manual lens on his canon 1D series. Impressed by his skills because shooting wedding at a fast pace with af is already not easy and to use manual lens, his manual focusing must be lighting quick and accurate.

gundamseed84 said:
I just attended a wedding and saw the main photographer using manual lens on his canon 1D series. Impressed by his skills because shooting wedding at a fast pace with af is already not easy and to use manual lens, his manual focusing must be lighting quick and accurate.

I'd like to get to know this person. Any idea?