[ Lens ] First review of Panasonic 12-35mm f2.8 OIS

keithwee said:
Thanks! Will use the next 3 days to deliberate whether to succumb to the 12-35mm or not

You manage to buy the 12-35mm(water goods) in hk? May I know the price offered by the shop?

You manage to buy the 12-35mm(water goods) in hk? May I know the price offered by the shop?

Hi,
Tmr I'll be going to HKG again from Seoul.
Current prices I have checked are:
HKG, worldwide warranty ver - HKD8400 , around SGD135x
Seoul , worldwide warranty ver - 1, 170, 000 won, around SGD1329

Will try to look for the water good and update prices

For SG, just to confirm so far it's still SGD15xx ? A shop in fun an quoted me $1580 last week

Thanks keithwee. Hope to see your update soon.

Understand some water goods come with 7 days shop warranty and around $100-200 less.

Water goods for 12-35 is now less than 7000HKD at Sim City. It is selling for 1500SGD or about there in Singapore. Hence the discount for water goods vs SG goods is 27%. For official goods, like bro said here, about 8400HKD. To me it is about 11% cheaper than SG. I rather get water goods.

Similarly, the 35-100 water goods is dropping to near 9000HKD (or about 1430SGD), and Singapore Panasonic is still not selling this lense for goodness sake. I think by end of Jan to HK, 35-100 will be selling like 8500HKD. The Singapore release will be $2199 at RRP, street price at best about $1888 at launch. These launch prices are my estimate based on current trends. I find it unrealistic to buy in SG any more, whether water or official goods. Panasonic Singapore is daft, because the staff are. If they continue to do business with past data, they are daft that is.

Agreed. Prices here are not competitive.

Thanks bro for recommending Sim city , read about it and it sounds like Mecca for photo buffs , heh. Will definitely drop by tomorrow and post prices here.

One qn, water goods can ? Sorry , noob with water goods here so wana ask
Thanks

theITguy said:
Water goods for 12-35 is now less than 7000HKD at Sim City. It is selling for 1500SGD or about there in Singapore. Hence the discount for water goods vs SG goods is 27%. For official goods, like bro said here, about 8400HKD. To me it is about 11% cheaper than SG. I rather get water goods.

Similarly, the 35-100 water goods is dropping to near 9000HKD (or about 1430SGD), and Singapore Panasonic is still not selling this lense for goodness sake. I think by end of Jan to HK, 35-100 will be selling like 8500HKD. The Singapore release will be $2199 at RRP, street price at best about $1888 at launch. These launch prices are my estimate based on current trends. I find it unrealistic to buy in SG any more, whether water or official goods. Panasonic Singapore is daft, because the staff are. If they continue to do business with past data, they are daft that is.

Yep. They forget that it's a global economy right now and use the local warranty to prevent buying from other places....
When the US drops prices or HK drops prices, the SG price is still stagnant...

For SG, just to confirm so far it's still SGD15xx ? A shop in fun an quoted me $1580 last week

Try checking with CLICK! at Funan... believe they quoted $1480.....

N-user said:
Try checking with CLICK! at Funan... believe they quoted $1480.....

You can get it under usd 1000 from the US or eBay. It shows how much Panasonic is milking us..

Hi everyone,

Proud owner of the Pana 12-35mm lens, it's feeling really good in my hands as swopped from a 12-50mm.
Managed to get it at HKD7300 , with warranty inclusive of a Hoya (UVC) filter at New Sankyo at Holiday Inn. :)

Updated prices in HKG for Pana 12-35mm

Nice looking shops like Fortress : HKD 8400 - 9000 (with warranty)

Small shops at Mong Kok: HKD8400 approx. (with warranty) (cash) extra 3% if card.

New Sankyo at Holiday Inn TST , HKD7000 (cash) HKD7300 (using card) with warranty.

Couldn't make it to Sim City but I belive prices there should be even better.

OMD body HKD7800 at New Sankyo.

In Seoul , previously updated at 1,170,000 won. Around 1.2K Sing dollar.

keithwee said:
Hi everyone,

Proud owner of the Pana 12-35mm lens, it's feeling really good in my hands as swopped from a 12-50mm.
Managed to get it at HKD7300 , with warranty inclusive of a Hoya (UVC) filter at New Sankyo at Holiday Inn. :)

Updated prices in HKG for Pana 12-35mm

Nice looking shops like Fortress : HKD 8400 - 9000 (with warranty)

Small shops at Mong Kok: HKD8400 approx. (with warranty) (cash) extra 3% if card.

New Sankyo at Holiday Inn TST , HKD7000 (cash) HKD7300 (using card) with warranty.

Couldn't make it to Sim City but I belive prices there should be even better.

OMD body HKD7800 at New Sankyo.

In Seoul , previously updated at 1,170,000 won. Around 1.2K Sing dollar.

Keithwee, your hkd7300 is with 1 year worldwide or 7 day shop warranty? The price is really attractive!

Sidetrack: any chance u also asked the price for 35-100mm too?

Thanks.

hi,

1 yr warranty.
didnt manage to ask the 35-100mm.. paiseh, the shop was packed with other pple buying and i really kinda pissed the guy off with my bargaining =p
He originally quoted 7300 HKD with card payment. I bargained for the filter to be thrown in too cause i couldn't stomach xtra 300HKD jus because its by card heh heh

i still prefer the look of EP3 over the OMD and i realize few pple do post the lens with the EP3, so here's mine :)

8280383619_24e9b7dfea_b.jpg

Keithwee, your hkd7300 is with 1 year worldwide or 7 day shop warranty? The price is really attractive!

Sidetrack: any chance u also asked the price for 35-100mm too?

Thanks.

Am in HK but can't get myself to fork out 7k for that lens. Looks like I will just droll all over it.

bought frm KL, rm3200 so ard S$1300

you can get it from T dimension SGD1210 1-yr seller warranty or 5-years seller warranty at SGD1283 incl shipping. To and from postage free if claiming wrnty

you can get it from T dimension SGD1210 1-yr seller warranty or 5-years seller warranty at SGD1283 incl shipping. To and from postage free if claiming wrnty

Does this include 7% GST?

Blu-By-U said:
Am in HK but can't get myself to fork out 7k for that lens. Looks like I will just droll all over it.

Try Sim City, didn't manage to find time to go there but feeling the prices here should have gone below HK7000. New Sankyo at Holiday Inn sold it at HK7000 (cash) last week I went.