[ Lens ] First review of Panasonic 12-35mm f2.8 OIS

The size seems pretty good.

Sounds like a great lens, but what a price....

Shorter than the 12-50. Slightly broader than the panny 14-45

Shorter than the 12-50. Slightly broader than the panny 14-45

Not sure if it's the angle, but it looks much better than the 12-50

Normally euro price are more exp, if based on historical trend, price should be ard usd 1100. Singapore prices tends to sit abit between euro and USA. Will still be cheaper than canon 24_70, mtf looks very good for zoom even wide open.

Looks really good! Constant f/2.8 and weather sealing at probably around S$1500. It is pricer that the 4/3 12-60 but that lens doesn't have a constant aperture.

If Panasonic can produce a lens of this quality in such a compact frame, I will wait a bit to see what Olympus comes up with.

Its nice to see Panny concentrates on pro zoom while Oly on pro primes.

Normally euro price are more exp, if based on historical trend, price should be ard usd 1100. Singapore prices tends to sit abit between euro and USA. Will still be cheaper than canon 24_70, mtf looks very good for zoom even wide open.

Yup, most 24-70/2.8 & 17-55/2.8 (for APS-C) easily cost US$1.5-2K

it is constant aperture, weather proved, AF is almost constant, nano -coating with effective range 24-70mm.
looks like the MTF chart is better than some SLR lens 24-70mm f2.8

This is not fly-by-wire right? I see the specs it mentioned "Motorised Zoom - Not Applicable", "Engine Tpye - Not Applicable"

If it is fly-by-wire then I have to reconsider due to the need to have mechanical zoom.

Someone wrote that this zoom outperforms the 12/2.0...... haha

Now wait for reviews and see how it performs. But 305g in weight is as "heavy" as my 7-14. I bet the 35-100 will be about 550g

Last edited:
this lens on the OMD, both being weather sealed, will be an excellent walkaround combination.