Lembeh - Any photographer going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sci80298

Jul 16, 2006
Soul City
www.charlesyip.com
Any u/w photographer interested in going on a Lembeh trip for a week++ (period between 16 June -30 June)?

I need a buddy, but don't want to join a big group.

Hi Alvin, I'm thinking of staying at NAD too. Have you booked the and place and Silk Air tickets? I'm getting worried I'm running a bit late in the booking. My friends are either going Bali or Manado.

I'm going 17-22 June, staying at either NAD or bastianos.

Going 04-09th July..... with twofishdivers :thumbsup:

Seems like I'll be going alone. :thumbsup: Still hoping to find one more diver for 17-24 June trip. Need 2-to-go for cheaper air tickets.

Are you going Lembeh only or both Manado and Lembeh?

Going 04-09th July..... with twofishdivers :thumbsup:

Seems like I'll be going alone. :thumbsup: Still hoping to find one more diver for 17-24 June trip. Need 2-to-go for cheaper air tickets.

Are you going Lembeh only or both Manado and Lembeh?

Been to 2 full trip to Bunaken already..... but only 2 day trip to Lembeh. This time.... it will be full Lembeh only trip :thumbsup:

5D4N of photo taking scuba diving..... hoping to do 12 dive total :sweat:

Last edited:
Hi Alvin, I'm thinking of staying at NAD too. Have you booked the and place and Silk Air tickets? I'm getting worried I'm running a bit late in the booking. My friends are either going Bali or Manado.

I'm going with 5 at the moment. Either NAD or Bastianos. 3 of us doing Lembeh only from 17-22, 2 others extending to go to Cocotinos at Manado for the SDAA shootout until the 29 June. We've bought our air tiks already.

FYI, NAD is full from 22nd onwards as they have a group of 16 divers going in.

I'm going with 5 at the moment. Either NAD or Bastianos. 3 of us doing Lembeh only from 17-22, 2 others extending to go to Cocotinos at Manado for the SDAA shootout until the 29 June. We've bought our air tiks already.

FYI, NAD is full from 22nd onwards as they have a group of 16 divers going in.

Wow. Thanks. :cry:

Been to 2 full trip to Bunaken already..... but only 2 day trip to Lembeh. This time.... it will be full Lembeh only trip :thumbsup:

5D4N of photo taking scuba diving..... hoping to do 12 dive total :sweat:

about 4 dive days? I'm lazy. Only doing 2 dives a day. Haha.

about 4 dive days? I'm lazy. Only doing 2 dives a day. Haha.

Not me..... :nono:

After spending more than 1K on the trip..... die die also do 3 dive a day.... max out my chance to see marine creatures I've missed on all my other trips.....

Must See this time -
* Lacey/Weedy/Ambon Scorpionfish
* Wonder/Mimic Octopus
* Bumblebee Shrimp
* Flamboyant Cuttlefish
* Denise's Pygmy Seahorse

Want to see again -
* Pygmy Seahorse
* Hairy Frogfish
* Paddle-flap Scorpionfish
* Spiny Devilfish
* Wasp/Cockatoo/Leaf Scorpionfish

But most importantly....... alot more kind/type/species/families of Nudibranch !! :thumbsup:

actually lembeh you should stay 8d.. 5d really not enough :p

i heard the fishery dredge the portion where the rhinopia (purple & lacy) used to be, not sure if they were able to locate the 2 fish again :(

actually lembeh you should stay 8d.. 5d really not enough :p

i heard the fishery dredge the portion where the rhinopia (purple & lacy) used to be, not sure if they were able to locate the 2 fish again :(

Also wants to stay longer.... but as always.... limited by BUGET :sweat:

Yup.... heard some of the commonly seen, all time 'favourites' no longer appeared as often too..... around their usual spot. Maybe climate change or something :think:

Stuff in Lembeh are seasonal. When i was there in june last year, 'harry' went on holiday and there were no sightings at all. Heard the 2 rhinopias are missing from aer perang recently.

There's still a lot of stuff i've not seen... hoping to see them this June :)

Stuff in Lembeh are seasonal. When i was there in june last year, 'harry' went on holiday and there were no sightings at all. Heard the 2 rhinopias are missing from aer perang recently.

Hopfully the season will be 'IN' by the time I'm there..... The personal I was Emailing to at the DC, claim that for 'Best Bio Diversity'.... the date of July to Aug is the best.... or it could be a marketing thing :sweat:

Hopfully the season will be 'IN' by the time I'm there..... The personal I was Emailing to at the DC, claim that for 'Best Bio Diversity'.... the date of July to Aug is the best.... or it could be a marketing thing :sweat:

Actually what i meant is that certain season for certain stuff. There are periods where there are frogfish bloom and you see all types, sizes and colours. Then you might have pygmy blooms at certain times. Friend was there recently and a new site had 12-15 bargibantis on one fan. Whatever the season, it's always something to see and shoot in Lembeh. Even if you've seen it before, don't mean you've got a good shot. ;)
Overall you'll find that when the waters are cold, then the critters are out in numbers esp in shallower waters so that we can stay longer to shoot. :bsmilie: If not when the waters are warm, the creatures go deep to 'cool' off, meaning it's harder to spot the usual critters in the shallows. :bsmilie:

Ya the 2 "rino" are no longer there when i was there in April. Nudi are still pretty much too small...but Lembeh is still amazing and magical!! Can never get tired of it. :thumbsup: And I guess like what Alvin had mentioned, the waters are pretty warm when i was there..round 29. So prob when its colder all the "superstars" will be back again. :D

Ya get your housing ready in time... ;) Or maybe go house your D700 lah.... :bsmilie:

Housing still with scubacam and not sure if ready for my vesak day's dive, and my nikon camera also still at nsc. sigh :(

Status
Not open for further replies.