Leica Q Type 116 - fixed lens 1.7/28 and full frame camera!

Wah actually UK price even cheaper

2900 pounds. If can get 20% tax back, that would make it $4406 SGD.

Leica UK is increasing it's Q price to 3230£, up from 2900£. it will be a world wide price increase from May 1st. Does this mean Singapore's price will be about $6650? Can anyone check with Leica Singapore?

Ok just spoke to the Leica Singapore store at Raffles hotel, price in Sg will rise at least $400. Might be $600 since UK is rising by 320£

Ok just spoke to the Leica Singapore store at Raffles hotel, price in Sg will rise at least $400. Might be $600 since UK is rising by 320£
Don't understand why they are raising the price of the Q actually.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

They said leica was actually selling it under priced already all this while, so now need to raise, lol

They said leica was actually selling it under priced already all this while, so now need to raise, lol
I see. Not surprising though, if you consider that the lens itself is a 28mm aspherical summilux and f1.7

I see. Not surprising though, if you consider that the lens itself is a 28mm aspherical summilux and f1.7

Yeah considering the 28mm f1.4 summilux lens by itself is already $8k+?

Then f1.7 lens plus camera for $5k+ is a steal

Nice one Jeff! The Q is really a beauty!

Leica Singapore quoted 6.4K [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi I have just taken the plunge and got a Leica Q. A real noob here.. I am planning to bring it to Norway to capture the Northern Lights and I wondering what are my options of operating the camera in the freezing cold. The release shutter?
Also, any recommendation on a good tripod is greatly appreciated too.

Hi I have just taken the plunge and got a Leica Q. A real noob here.. I am planning to bring it to Norway to capture the Northern Lights and I wondering what are my options of operating the camera in the freezing cold. The release shutter?
Also, any recommendation on a good tripod is greatly appreciated too.

You can refer to this forum posting - http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1644725

For Leica Q, you probably don't need a heavy duty tripod, go for a light weight carbon-fiber type - brands like Gitzo / Manfrotto / Sirui with a good, smooth ball head and QR plate. Another suggestion - bring a good flash light, when there is no aurora, you can do some light painting.

Yes I did at a BMW event with Leica. Image not sharp.

there are many reasons behind those not sharp photos.
I wonder which aspect are u addressing to?