Leather Bags Recommendations

karnage

Feb 26, 2005
Ang Mo Kio
Hi guys,

It's been some time since I last posted anything on CS. Recently, I've been enthralled by the Ona series of leather bags, particularly the Bowery and the Prince Street. However, as we all know, Ona bags are expensive, especially the leather versions. My question is, does anyone know where I can find similar types of real leather, messenger-style bags that is wide enough at the base to hold say, a small DSLR + 3 small-ish primes? I personally find the Prince Street to be the perfect size, especially when I can choose to use the bag for holding documents and other stuff if I choose not to bring my camera, and it will still look stylish enough as a classic work bag.

For consideration, I have an iPad Mini and a MacBook Air 11", which should fit nicely inside the Prince Street. I also have a Nikon DF, and I usually like to bring a combination of any 3 of 20mm, 35mm, 50mm, 85mm or 105mm. Having said that, I do have larger primes like the Samyang 14mm, the Sigma 35mm ART, the Sigma 50mm non-ART, and the Nikkor 85mm f1.4D. I would also impose a budget at around $300 or less.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Someday I hope to have a line of my own bags (designed around a similar Df style kit) but in the meantime I would say take a look at Wotancraft.

Can consider those luxury brand leather bags and use insert.

Last edited:
But luxury brand leather bags = expensive already.

Or can I not escape from the "fact" that leather = expensive? Haha!

good leather = premium price.
maybe u can share your budget...

Things to take note:

1) leather need to be maintained
2) water can cause damage to leather causing water marks and stains
3) Leather bags can weights more

Which is why I end up not using leather bags for photography ....

Last edited:
Leather bags are hard to find at below $300 price point

I suggest a good quality canvas one instead. At $300, u can get Billingham, Domke, Artist & Artisan, Brady etc

Or otherwise up the budget for the Ona if you're really hungry for it

Hi guys,

It's been some time since I last posted anything on CS. Recently, I've been enthralled by the Ona series of leather bags, particularly the Bowery and the Prince Street. However, as we all know, Ona bags are expensive, especially the leather versions. My question is, does anyone know where I can find similar types of real leather, messenger-style bags that is wide enough at the base to hold say, a small DSLR + 3 small-ish primes? I personally find the Prince Street to be the perfect size, especially when I can choose to use the bag for holding documents and other stuff if I choose not to bring my camera, and it will still look stylish enough as a classic work bag.

For consideration, I have an iPad Mini and a MacBook Air 11", which should fit nicely inside the Prince Street. I also have a Nikon DF, and I usually like to bring a combination of any 3 of 20mm, 35mm, 50mm, 85mm or 105mm. Having said that, I do have larger primes like the Samyang 14mm, the Sigma 35mm ART, the Sigma 50mm non-ART, and the Nikkor 85mm f1.4D. I would also impose a budget at around $300 or less.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Not practical to use leather bag. Period

I work with a lot of leather. The thing that would scare me to death in Singapore and camera bags is the humidity. The humidity plus the organic material is a recipe for super fungus or at least it seems that would be the case.