Learning to take food photography. :)

Some new shots :D C&C!

6902853189_1b4f90300e_z.jpg

Black Coffee, the traditional brew serve in modern cup~

6902830627_47536372ba_z.jpg

Peach Crumble, ideal for desserts/sweets lover. was slightly too sweet for me~

6902812853_182af1ba0b_z.jpg

Creamy Mushroom Spaghetti, good for people who do prefer a lighter creamy sauce taste!

6902847143_85c1d1720a_z.jpg

Seafood Aglio Olio, tasty and healthy. My favorite western dish!

Some new shots C&C!

6902853189_1b4f90300e_z.jpg

Black Coffee, the traditional brew serve in modern cup~

6902830627_47536372ba_z.jpg

Peach Crumble, ideal for desserts/sweets lover. was slightly too sweet for me~

6902812853_182af1ba0b_z.jpg

Creamy Mushroom Spaghetti, good for people who do prefer a lighter creamy sauce taste!

6902847143_85c1d1720a_z.jpg

Seafood Aglio Olio, tasty and healthy. My favorite western dish!

ahh...seem like you have improved a lot and fast!! :bsmilie:

Just a point to add on will be on the Peach Crumble. If can have a cleaner background then will be nicer but I understand sometime space are limited on small table hehe

New post~ Dined at one of the zi chao store in bugis area. Overall not bad.

#1 Sweet & Sour Pork
6924219827_ab2fa9b602_z.jpg

#2 Sambal Kangkong
6778097170_fbf9fb226a_z.jpg

#3 Salad Youtiao
6778090400_e680b6ae83_z.jpg

#4 Claypot Tofu
6778083768_e25482960c_z.jpg

#5 Deep Fried Garoupa
6924192425_f1abe01179_z.jpg

Please C&C!

More Shots~ Please C&C !

Dessert: Gingko Barley Beancurd Skin~ had it at cheong kee dessert store at sunshine plaza!
To me, i love the light taste of it and heard from many that it is good for the skin!

6925503915_5c4813e40f_z.jpg

Pastry: Japanese Sponge Cake. Bought it at bugis junction roadshow store setups.
Soft and chewy. melting in the mouth was what i thought :)

6779383974_d6db0e80b6_z.jpg

Staple Food: Claypot Rice. Had it at one of chinatown's oldest market.
It had lots of yummies inside! Lots of salted fish and clumps of chicken with vege!

6779374066_7dc5fc7672_z.jpg

Drink: Sugarcane Juice with Lemon! had it together with the claypot rice!
My favorite drink which never fails to refresh me with a twist of sourness!

6779379560_b44c8fc7f7_z.jpg

Like your zi chao store in bugis area series. Nice~

Thanks ntheni! =D

Next series. Dining at Nakhon Kitchen, Hougang St 21's. THAI FOOD! <3 one of my top favorite country cuisine!
The place is kinda crowded so do expect need to wait quite a bit to be seated. The food was serve quite fast.
The seating arrangement is kind of narrow so not so suitable for people who choose ambiance over the quality of food!

Dined with 2 friends on a weekday after dinner time there.. NOW, What we had..........

Seafood Tom Yum Soup. Excellent soup taste, sour and spicy well balanced, yum.

6793094910_2f25c5e97d_z.jpg

Green Curry Chicken. I think was slightly off what I expected though the meat was tender. But I feel that the taste need farther improvement!

6793121532_96d3e2eb81_z.jpg

Pineapple Rice. I love my pineapple rice with lots of floss and raisins! it was fragrance and delicious. the taste and smell was top-notch!

6939214493_8f0eddba3a_z.jpg

Sweet and Sour Chicken! This is a must-try! I was amazed and surprised by how crispy and well done it was! The taste of the sauce with the crispy chicken meat was a tasty combination! Definitely highly recommended!

6793112120_05c9b64307_z.jpg

Thai-styled kangkong~ it was totally different from the usual sambal kangkong. this plate of thai-styled kangkong is not that spicy and somehow the taste of the sauce is similar like oyster sauce cai xin. Suitable for people who prefer less spicy-ness with their kangkong!

6793130714_14be30eab9_z.jpg

next up... the desserts we had there!

Well. The dessert variety was small, there were only 3 kinds of desserts to choose from. What we didn't had was mango + glutinous rice cause we were way too full to eat anymore rice. So we went for the other 2 choices. NOW, for the desserts we had..

Sweet tapioca with coconut milk! This was absolutely delicious in my view, an ideal after meal dessert. But cannot over eat it cause of the coconut milk! :)

6793139306_23dd369c58_z.jpg

Red Ruby. This is cooling :D! The serving of red ruby was a lot and it was cooling with the coconut milk + ice~ Yummy. Another ideal dessert!

6793146520_33aa1fb5ce_z.jpg

Please do C&C and thanks for the support! :)

Very beautiful photos. Was wondering which lens was used with your Canon 600D? Many Thanks.

Dined at Saizeriya italian restaurant, city square mall! The price and food was affordable and not that bad. But the service definitely needs more improvement! :)

Had chicken wings !
6951880169_03099d1f29_z.jpg

And also had beef hamburger, pork and egg with steam rice~
6951889531_ddab3b8f68_z.jpg

The good thing is the drinks there is free flow :p
Overall it is still an above average dining experience for a very affordable price :)
C&C welcome!

Over the weekends. Managed to get a special trip to watch a bakery in JB's baking process! and one with a traditional oven (charcoal-ed) to boot! :D
Managed to take some shots of the before baked bread (dough form) and the after baked ones!

BEFORE baked.

#1 - Dried fruit bread
6805807572_b3be67f21c_z.jpg

#2 - Cream Pastry (notice the metal rods? they are there to create the space for the cream to be pump in later on!)
6805786452_010dfb433c_z.jpg

#3 - Round sugary buns. Looks delicious even before baked.
6805816040_ba6afe8c4a_z.jpg

#4 - Long butter and sugar bread! Bet this one must be a hot favorite!
6951933497_509a0ae1ac_z.jpg

Great stuff, Serene. Your photos are getting better & better :thumbsup: Do watch out the WB, some are off with heavy color cast.
Keep shooting & sharing :)

Interesting series you got from the bakery, do update us with the 'after' baked, must be really :thumbsup:

I got 2 significant shots of the AFTER baked though :)

first will be the one which was with the metal rod removed and cream pumped in!
6805912040_ebed746e11_z.jpg

Looks and tasted delicious! :)

second, will be this particular bread which is shaped like a "chinese coffin".
6952034071_88d00f3ce7_z.jpg

Didn't bought this to try but heard that it is very soft and fluffy! :)

Next up will be some of the yummies I got to try!

#1 Roasted Meat from a JB marketplace. This was when there is only half left :p and the whole thing cost only RM10! for a very big tasty piece.
The major difference I felt compared to Singapore's is that the crispy of the top layer(the orangey part) is that the JB one is a lot more crispy!
6805861814_cf6bf3fc41_z.jpg

#2 Char Kuay Teow from a store near the market place. Not that bad, affordable at RM4 a plate and delicious! It was without the cockles as requested by me :p
6951984471_943eeb9f12_z.jpg

#3 Hainanese Chicken Chop! from another store which as somewhat near the bakery~ Crispy and not too oily. The sides (potato wedge and tomato) was deliciously different, softer and easier to chew. Recommended to go with the store's lime juice + soda!
6952081291_0bb5e582d5_z.jpg

Serenefotoworks said:
Next up will be some of the yummies I got to try!

#1 Roasted Meat from a JB marketplace. This was when there is only half left :p and the whole thing cost only RM10! for a very big tasty piece.
The major difference I felt compared to Singapore's is that the crispy of the top layer(the orangey part) is that the JB one is a lot more crispy!

#2 Char Kuay Teow from a store near the market place. Not that bad, affordable at RM4 a plate and delicious! It was without the cockles as requested by me :p

#3 Hainanese Chicken Chop! from another store which as somewhat near the bakery~ Crispy and not too oily. The sides (potato wedge and tomato) was deliciously different, softer and easier to chew. Recommended to go with the store's lime juice + soda!

Ahhh... The roast pork and the chicken chop looks so yummy!!!

Making me hungry again after dinner :bsmilie:
But can see cannot eat :(

Ahha. :)
Next time go JB hunt for food lor! :)
I got an allergic attack from my trip from JB due to my over-reaction skin~
after recover, gonna plan another trip to hunt food soon! but this time round will be locally!

waaaa... i agree on the roast pork... loved the photo...! it really nicely taken and showing so much details on the best part...!!

regards,
wacky

Serenefotoworks said:
Ahha. :)
Next time go JB hunt for food lor! :)
I got an allergic attack from my trip from JB due to my over-reaction skin~
after recover, gonna plan another trip to hunt food soon! but this time round will be locally!

Oh... Hope you're are ok. Have to take care ya :)
I don't really know the way in JB so normally I still end up at the "Da Ma Hua Yuan" for my meal lol

waaaa... i agree on the roast pork... loved the photo...! it really nicely taken and showing so much details on the best part...!!

regards,
wacky

Thank you very much :D they taste wonderful too!

Oh... Hope you're are ok. Have to take care ya :)
I don't really know the way in JB so normally I still end up at the "Da Ma Hua Yuan" for my meal lol

Oh. there is a market next to it and thats why I bought the roasted pork! :p I don't know my way well too but joined one of the clubsnap outings and was bring to there to look around and snap :) Couldn't resist the temptation so bought it :p

Oh. there is a market next to it and thats why I bought the roasted pork! :p I don't know my way well too but joined one of the clubsnap outings and was bring to there to look around and snap :) Couldn't resist the temptation so bought it :p

Yup I saw the photos from the Travel section. Very nice trip, I would like to join such trip too, but don't have the time to do these anymore :(