LCD monitor for image editing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wide screens typiclaly cut the top of your normlal screen and put it at the side for your wideness.
this line sounds abit funny...:p

but as someone has posted earlier, get a screen that can rotate for portrait...;p

Do you all find after you rotate the screen for portrait, there's no space to put the toolbar, history windows/layers window etc?

I find the normal format screens ideal - the portrait pic on the left side, and the toolbars/history window/layers window etc on the right.

Now I try to extrapolate to portrait rotated screens. a wide screen is 16:9? A normal screen is 4:3? Rotated will mean 9:16 and 3:4 respectively.

Now my DSLR is 2:3 portrait. Hence on a normal screen, it means that when I display a portrait pic on the rotated screen, it will occupy 2.67 : 4, which means I have 0.33 : 4 to display my history/toolbars/layers.

In a widescreen rotated, a 2:3 portrait will take up the whole screen (9.33:14). This also means that if I want to put my toolbars/history, I need to smatter them around the top and sides. I can't have them all at the side, if not I'll end up with top wasted space.

Not sure if you all know what I'm trying to describe :p hehe.

this line sounds abit funny...:p

but as someone has posted earlier, get a screen that can rotate for portrait...;p

Ah well that's a different ball game all together. I never quite liked wide screens though :p hehe :p

So the conclusion is to get dual wide screen? One in landscape and one in portrait ;p

Actually Vince, I do a lot of portraits as well and I 'love' the widescreen. More space to put my toolbars. Hehehehehe... :p

Ok for all you future LCD adopters, please read this carefully.

Your graphics card play an important role to good graphics. AGP is a dead format. PCI-Express is the future. Kana sai, my mobo doesnt have it. I wanted to replace my current GeForce FX 5700 which isn't good enough for this new monitor of mine. I get weird random white dots on certain colors. But sigh... more money again. Oh well. NOTE: I highly recommend the ATI FireGL2 for editing. Shiok!

Use DVI if your graphics card supports it. D-Sub (Analog) will give you a different color temperature and the contrast ain't that good. DVI is King.

Hope that helps in anyway. Cheers!

more important is the resolution ... get something that has a native resolution of 1200x1600, 1200x1920 is def better.

Status
Not open for further replies.