Status
Not open for further replies.
USM said:
Then what are you waiting for? :bsmilie:

Tee hee... :sweat:

StreetShooter said:
No.

Next question?

Seriously, after looking at my 4R prints, it makes no difference whether I use a cheapo lens or an L lens.

I observe the same thing too........but L lens makes a big diff in dslr.

I have not played with L series lens ( just can't afford it right now)
But from what I have read, once you have one, there is no going back.

U can't really see much diff in 4R (unless u use magnifying glass on every photo), but den if u're planning to blow it up to 8R, den u will see the difference... a BIG difference.

I noticed that last time few people got L lens one..

Last time was when police wear long pants lah.. when asiaphoto forums still around. Then I forgot what happened.. and we got a few other forums in the meantime before clubsnap got started :D

How come nowadays machum everyone also L?

More disposable income? More people interested in photography?

There are too many reasons for it. There's no rule saying that L lenses are restricted sale for Professionals only. ;)

Got moola can buy.

And I still tot economy bad :D

maybe economy bad, so you can only buy small things like L lens, if economy good, you buy jaguar lexus and beemer...

Pablo said:
I have not played with L series lens ( just can't afford it right now)
But from what I have read, once you have one, there is no going back.

I bot the L not by choice but there was no Sigma or Tamron in stock.

Now I have it very hard to let go. :cry:

cropped_01.jpg

cropped_02.jpg

Images above are 100% cropped from my old 80-200mm f2.8, both at 200mm using f4 and f5.6 respectively. No PSing is done here. Worth it? In my opinion yes!

I just bought my 16-35 f2.8 L len. I have so far took abt 50 pictures, i have no regret at all. I heard many bad reviews abt this len as well as other L lens. But i decided to buy it cos i dont trust third party lens as many are not that solid built as L lens. Overall, my len is excellent and i have no regret. Definately no regret! Yes it is expensive, but once you have it you will never replace it. Give it a try!

joezzz said:
Yes it is expensive, but once you have it you will never replace it. Give it a try!

Really... Have you browse Clubsnap's buy and sell? It's slightly further down from the Canon forum.... ;)

Cheers,

benny said:
Really... Have you browse Clubsnap's buy and sell? It's slightly further down from the Canon forum.... ;)

Cheers,

But normally people will be quite reluctant to sell their good copies right? :think:

generik said:
But normally people will be quite reluctant to sell their good copies right? :think:

U'll be surprised to see how many good copies being let go because their underutilised... :)

my friend just bought the 17-40/f4 L a little above $1.4 with a B + W filter.

A quick try of the lens at the shop showed very little distortion at both wide and tele. Well.. at least not noticeable on the camera LCD. We shot grid lines formed by boxes on a shelf. Zoomed in all the way to the corners and din't find much CA.. quite a good lens I must say.

:lovegrin:

lwy said:
cropped_01.jpg

cropped_02.jpg

Images above are 100% cropped from my old 80-200mm f2.8, both at 200mm using f4 and f5.6 respectively. No PSing is done here. Worth it? In my opinion yes!

Nice shots :thumbsup: But I'm sure the Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 can get similar or better shots ;)

As far as I know, the Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 EX APO (HSM for canon mount?) is one of the best lens Sigma ever made, it's quite compatible with its Canon/Nikon/Pentax competitors. Most of us won't tell the difference if using a L or a Bigma. And Sigma is lighter and much cheaper.

For other L lenses, I don't know. Heard a lot of "It's the guy behind the camera who makes the great shots", so I guess L or non-L, not a big deal to most users.

Cheers and happy hunting ...

trucatus said:
Friend uses 17-40mm L says barrel distortion very bad. I don't know what is it though...

LOL :) :) :)

First time I am hearing its bad

fengwei said:
Nice shots :thumbsup: But I'm sure the Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 can get similar or better shots ;)

As far as I know, the Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 EX APO (HSM for canon mount?) is one of the best lens Sigma ever made, it's quite compatible with its Canon/Nikon/Pentax competitors. Most of us won't tell the difference if using a L or a Bigma. And Sigma is lighter and much cheaper.

For other L lenses, I don't know. Heard a lot of "It's the guy behind the camera who makes the great shots", so I guess L or non-L, not a big deal to most users.

Cheers and happy hunting ...

Hi Fengwei,

Agree that Sigma 70-20mm is comparable with the 80-200 f2.8. They are around the same price and optical quality. But the resale value of drainpipe is hard to beat!

Status
Not open for further replies.